PDA

View Full Version : New dewalt compressor

rodney mitchell
11-13-2006, 4:19 PM
Does anyone have one of the new dewalt d55168 compressors yet? It looks pretty sweet.

TR

rodney mitchell
11-14-2006, 9:33 AM
No one have one of these?

Greg Tatum
12-12-2006, 3:23 PM
Hey Rodney...did you ever get any info on the DeWALT D55168 compressor? I too am interested in this compressor....it looks pretty good...I think I'll get it but I'm just looking for the best price....I see that Amazon has it for $359 with $50 savings using code DECOFFER....downside is that they want $99 for shipping...I'm hoping to find it local.

Anyway, if I get one I'll post a comment.

Bryan Rocker
12-12-2006, 3:49 PM
I was on the hunt for a compressor with decent air flow. I narrowed mine down to the Makita 5200, locally for $319 and the Ridgid OL50135W compressor. The final decision came down to space and money. When I build my shop I will include a robust 220V air compressor until then this will do all I need of it and more at the moment. I bought the Ridgid at HD for $249. It requires synthetic 5W40 oil. I pulled it out of the box, broke it in and did ops checked it. It works great although I haven't put a real nail gun to it yet, just a brad nailer but it would let me run nails as fast as I could pull the trigger. Having said that it seems to have no problem keeping up and recovers to max pressure in 20 secs tops. It is well built, the compressor/motor sit on large rubber shock mounts. All in all I would do it again, if money weren't an issue I would have gone with the Makita 5200, it has 6 SCFM and the only gripe I have heard out of them is the cheap cheap wheels.

Good luck in your hunt for a compressor the choices are many and most don't give the complete story. We won't even get into the discussion on 110V HP ratings.........