PDA

View Full Version : Puzzle Lock Kids Furniture Designs

Neal Schlee
11-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Hello Fellow CNC Machine Owners,

I've developed a line of 18 CNC RTA/Knock Down animal furniture designs (mostly for kids) that we are producing and selling here in Alaska. They require only a hammer to tap together, no fasteners, they can be glued together, if future disassembly is not needed.

Wanted to see what the interest might be with other CNC'ers, we're considering offering for sale, reproduction rights to interested machine owners. I've spent many hours perfecting the designs, they are cut from .5" Baltic birch ply or Euro ply, we shrink wrap the parts and sell them unfinished to gift shops, and at flea markets and bazaars. They have been very well received, they can be easily nested on the ply sheets, we cut full 60"x60" sheets using .25" 2 flute down shear spiral bits, a vacuum table/spoil board setup works the best. The ply can be pre-ripped to size if your machine will not cut the full sheets (4x8 sheets may be available in your area, although we've found 60"x60" sheets nest the best). Toolpaths are easily created in PW, VCarve Pro, Enroute etc.

People love them, the beauty is, they are fast to cut, the material is inexpensive, and they are easy to package and best of all, they sell themselves. Anyone that has designed, produced, & marketed products knows what I'm talking about, I've been in the creative woodworking business for over 30 years.
If you use sharp bits, very little if any sanding is needed. They can be stained or painted if desired, they make a great "hands on project for kids", we do not supply any assembly instructions, hence the name "Puzzle Lock". We do recommend that if they are painted, that it be done after assembly, to be sure parts will still fit together. You can cut 4 stools from a 60"x60" sheet of $18-20 ply in a short amount of time depending on your machine, that's a material cost of $4.50-5.00! Blow'em off, shrinkwrap the parts and that's it. We retail this item at $25-30. They make great holiday gifts and best of all, they can keep your machine makin' $awdust!