PDA

View Full Version : Bose Radio/CD Player

Ken Salisbury
11-13-2006, 12:23 PM
Who has one and is it worth $499.00??

Bruce Page
11-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Ken, I love my 5 year old wave Radio, I'm not sure that I would spend the extra money for the CD optipn though.

Carl Eyman
11-13-2006, 1:35 PM
We have the wave radio with the CD. While we use the radio ten times as much as the CD, I'd say yes it's worth it. If you have a good amp you'd still have to pay $500 to get comparable speakers - IMHO.

Mark Singer
11-13-2006, 4:09 PM
Ken,
I have one in the M Br and really like it. The sound is full and it is also a clock radio/cd.....It is pricey..

Bruce Page
11-13-2006, 4:10 PM
We have the wave radio with the CD. While we use the radio ten times as much as the CD, I'd say yes it's worth it. If you have a good amp you'd still have to pay $500 to get comparable speakers - IMHO.
True, but for $15 you can buy a portable CD player, plug it into the AUX inputs of the basic Bose and have the same sound. Granted, you won't be able to wake up to your favorite CD but you save $150.

Al Willits
11-13-2006, 4:25 PM
Or you could spend the same amount of money and buy a real audio system....
Take a trip over to one of the audio forums and bring up Bose...:D

More importantly I guess, is if you like the way it sounds, go for it.

Al

Tim Morton
11-13-2006, 6:37 PM
http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/store/category.cgi?category=aud_radio&item=c174rczzz

You can even find them cheaper if you go for an "open box" or a refurb.

But that is not the question is it? Yes I have heard one, and yes it sounds nice, but I am one of those "audio guys" who would never buy Bose.:D

You will not be dissapointed by anything at Cambridge Soundworks.