PDA

View Full Version : Basswood Tree Slices

Abdul Baseer Hai
11-13-2006, 11:06 AM
All
I bought a few basswood tree slices from Walmart and dont know what to do with them.
I like them, so need fresh ideas on what I can do with them.

the few thoughts that come to mind are;

Engrave photographs, using Photograv.
Engrave prayers and prop it up on a plate stand
engrave logos and market it as a decorative cheese board with the wooden utensils glued to the bottom.I need more ideas/suggestions/opinions from people who have done anything with tree slices

Thanks
abdul

Bob Tate
11-13-2006, 11:20 AM
I engraved a slice with a Wolf laying next to a rock. I showed it to a friend, he wanted it. I did another, his daughter want it. Pretty popular piece. I engraved a bunch more, they all sold. I routed a hanger slot in the back for wall hanging. It just looks like a woodburning. I put the picture thru Photograv, defocused the laser so the lines were not as sharp. It looks like it was done by hand. Of course I do not represent it as hand done.

Abdul Baseer Hai
11-13-2006, 1:55 PM
Bob

thanks.
I would appreciate if you could post a picture of your work.

How much would you charge for a 8 x 10 inch piece?
I bought the wood slice for $10.
Would it be possible to send me the BMP image of the wolf

Thanks again
abdul

Bob Tate
11-13-2006, 6:10 PM
I will try to get one back for a photo. I bought the rounds with bark on them at a woodcarving show for $7.00 and I sold them for $35.00

Karin Voorhis
11-16-2006, 9:55 AM
All
I bought a few basswood tree slices from Walmart and dont know what to do with them.
I like them, so need fresh ideas on what I can do with them.

the few thoughts that come to mind are;

Engrave photographs, using Photograv.
Engrave prayers and prop it up on a plate stand
engrave logos and market it as a decorative cheese board with the wooden utensils glued to the bottom.I need more ideas/suggestions/opinions from people who have done anything with tree slices

Thanks
abdul

Here is a piece I did for a gift for a friend who just got a new home. This is a photo of here home and the inside is very rustic cabin looking so I choice to use the Basewood with the bark to match up with her home interior. WOW she loved it and cried she was so happy. I too almost cried becuase it really came out good for me. :)

Sorry can not seem to post pics here is a link Click here (http://www.funwithgraphics.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=30)

I hope you like it and it helps you out. This forum has been so much help I am just hoping I can give something back....