PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for all the input!

John Miliunas
10-28-2003, 11:13 PM
I put a thread out a few weeks or so ago, about possible problems people were having with a certain OEM. I was looking to purchase a new cabinet-type table saw. The advise ran pretty wide and gave me enough information to make a more educated buying decision. Well, this afternoon, I pulled the trigger on a TS purchase. Wilke Machinery got the nod. I will soon be the proud (hopefully) owner of the BW 10-LTS saw. :D It's the one which closely compares to the Powermatic 66, as well as the General. Heavy duty all the way around. I did decide to go with the 7' fence rails, now that I have a more realistic idea of my work space. Oh, and in further preparing to make a real shop out of my space, I also gave Larry the go-ahead to put me on his list for a Woodsucker cyclone DC. He figures that to be one to two weeks out. :( I then placed a call to Redmond, in hopes of finding the Delta drum sander as a refurb and get it ordered. The guy I spoke to wasn't 100% sure they had any, but said he would check and call me back. Sadly, I didn't get any callback! I tried calling again, but the receptionist said there was only one sales person around and he was on the phone. Guess I'll try again tomorrow. (Sheeeesh, a guy finally has the $$ in hand, and makes the decision on what to buy, but still can't do it! :rolleyes: ) I'll keep you folks posted on the progress of all. :cool:

Jason Roehl
10-29-2003, 6:29 AM
John, you're in BIG trouble now. That was a major stealth gloat and no warning or nuthin'. Congrats on (almost) having some new toyools. :D

Brad Schafer
10-29-2003, 8:28 AM
... I'll keep you folks posted on the progress of all. :cool:

congrats, and please do. i've had my eye on the same saw for a while now.

b

Jerry Todd
10-29-2003, 8:48 AM
I put a thread out a few weeks or so ago, about possible problems people were having with a certain OEM. I was looking to purchase a new cabinet-type table saw. The advise ran pretty wide and gave me enough information to make a more educated buying decision. Well, this afternoon, I pulled the trigger on a TS purchase. Wilke Machinery got the nod. I will soon be the proud (hopefully) owner of the BW 10-LTS saw. :D It's the one which closely compares to the Powermatic 66, as well as the General. Heavy duty all the way around. I did decide to go with the 7' fence rails, now that I have a more realistic idea of my work space. Oh, and in further preparing to make a real shop out of my space, I also gave Larry the go-ahead to put me on his list for a Woodsucker cyclone DC. He figures that to be one to two weeks out. :( I then placed a call to Redmond, in hopes of finding the Delta drum sander as a refurb and get it ordered. The guy I spoke to wasn't 100% sure they had any, but said he would check and call me back. Sadly, I didn't get any callback! I tried calling again, but the receptionist said there was only one sales person around and he was on the phone. Guess I'll try again tomorrow. (Sheeeesh, a guy finally has the $$ in hand, and makes the decision on what to buy, but still can't do it! :rolleyes: ) I'll keep you folks posted on the progress of all. :cool:
John,
You will be very happy with the Woodsucker. Mine has been up & running since Sept 5th of this year. Some things to consider:
NOISE: It is very loud, reminds me of a jet engine. Fellow Creekers suggested I build a closet for the cyclone. So I built a 3'X5' closet and used lots of insulation and also used an exterior solid door with all the weather stripping. That keeps the noise tolerable but created another problem-Pressure build-up inside the closet. Called Larry and asked him if I should place a vent on an outside wall for the pressure to escape. He suggested that since I have a woodburning stove & need to keep equal pressure in the shop I should duct the pressure build-up back to the inside of the shop. I did as he suggested and although I was happy with the results before the ductwork the PERFORMANCE increased dramatically.
INSTALLATION: Plan on a friend helping you out because the Cyclone and Motor are very heavy.
Larry is the best. He even returned a phone call on a weekend and will talk you through any installation problems.
Good luck, Jerry Todd

John Miliunas
10-29-2003, 9:00 AM
John,
You will be very happy with the Woodsucker. Mine has been up & running since Sept 5th of this year. Some things to consider:
NOISE: It is very loud, reminds me of a jet engine.

Thanks for the tips, Jerry. Guess I'm kinda' lucky, because my shop is adjacent to our garage and that's where the Woodsucker is going to live. I haven't decided if I'm going to route the return back into the shop or not, because with the garage being attached to the shop and also insulated, it may help to keep the environment more temperate in the garage, as well. I think I will take Larry's advice and hook up the return line with a length of insulated heating duct to help muffle it. I'm chomping at the bit to get this stuff received and installed! :cool:

Ed Falis
10-29-2003, 1:05 PM
Good choice, John.

I'm sure you won't regret it. If you run into any setup issues, feel free to give me a yell. But it all goes together pretty easy. Look for the switch wiring diagram inside its cover. ;-)

- Ed