PDA

View Full Version : Mahogany in Nashville, TN

Ernie Hobbs
11-13-2006, 12:48 AM
I'm looking for some honduran mahogany for my next project. I'll be in the Nashville, TN for a few days this week and was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a supplier in this area. I don't want African- I really need the good stuff. Can anyone help? Other TN/ So. KY sources would be OK too. Thanks.

Nancy Laird
11-13-2006, 1:13 AM
Ernie, try

Order Toll Free: 1-888-615-9663
Sloan's Woodshop - 3453 Callis Road - Lebanon, TN 37090

They don't offer the wood you are looking for (they supply for scrollers and laser cutting), but they will know which direction to point you into.

Nancy

Eric Mims
11-13-2006, 2:29 AM
Colco (now called Woodworkers Shoppe, but still has Colco sign outside) might have some. It's on Gallatin Road, north of nashville. http://www.thewoodworkersshoppe.com/index.html

Guy who owns it is real nice, even recommended Sloans when I was looking for some particular 3/8" walnut.

Chris Barton
11-13-2006, 7:23 AM
Your best bet in Nashville would be Nashville Plywood on Charlotte Pike. You can look them up in the phone book. Don't waste your time with the Woodworks Shope which appears to be near going out of business. Nashville Plywood is the largest commercial purveyor of hardwoods in TN.

J. Scott Chambers
11-13-2006, 7:55 AM
Your best bet in Nashville would be Nashville Plywood on Charlotte Pike. You can look them up in the phone book. Don't waste your time with the Woodworks Shope which appears to be near going out of business. Nashville Plywood is the largest commercial purveyor of hardwoods in TN.

Do they sell to hobbyists, small orders? There is also Summers Lumber and Timber in La Vergne. Not sure if they have what you want or not though.

Ernie Hobbs
11-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the help. I ended up going to Summers and found some Honduran Mahogany for $7.50/bf 4/4 and $7.75/bf 8/4.