PDA

View Full Version : Table-saw guard improvement

Bart Leetch
11-13-2006, 12:42 AM
Well I got real tired of the non-functionality of my Exaktor table-saw blade guard system. It was hard to see what I was cutting & a real pain to many times when cutting smaller things or with the fence closer to the blade. I like to use my Grippers & other shop made push devices. I do have a Delta splitter which I didn't have installed at the time of the pictures. I am not concerned with dust collection at the guard. But I do value my fingers. I figure if this guard can do one thing real well it should be guarding & protecting my fingers. I don't think I've ever seen a guard that does both guard & DC real well too.

This improvement make it possible to move part or all of the guard out of the way. Yes I know it looks something like the Delta guard system :) I will admit to looking real hard at an on line picture of a Delta guard system.:D I can just slide the material forward & the guard slides up & over onto the top of the material & at the back just slides right off & back onto the table.

John Schreiber
11-13-2006, 1:26 AM
Very nice. I see a lot of utility in being able to lift one side out of the way for close rip cuts or to use hold downs, but still have the other side in place to keep your fingers safe.