PDA

View Full Version : Just some pics from the weekend's turning

Wayne Bitting
11-13-2006, 12:17 AM
These are the first pens that I have ever sold. Everyone at work has been asking me to sell them pens since July and finally I got started. Here is what I have in slimlines: osage orange with black T/N, paduak with T/N, walnut with brushed satin. This is the first time that I’ve ever turned stabilized wood too, there is a comfort series in purple box elder burl and a Polaris set in blue box elder burl. It looks like I have to do about 20 more sets in the next three weeks, so much for the house remodeling but on the bright side the pens will help to fund the remodeling! Thanks for looking!!

Bernie Weishapl
11-13-2006, 12:34 AM
Those are some nice looking pens. I like them all. Nice job Wayne. Congrats on the sales. That always helps feed the habit.

Nancy Laird
11-13-2006, 1:09 AM
Those are some nice looking pens. I like them all. Nice job Wayne. Congrats on the sales. That always helps feed the habit.

I echo what Bernie says--My favorites are the paduak and walnut. I've sold a set of curly maple this weekend which I was loathe to part with--I wanted to keep them!

Yes, Bernie, sales help feed the habit! They also help FINANCE the habit.

Nancy

Mark Cothren
11-13-2006, 7:19 AM
Those are some very nice pens, Wayne!