PDA

View Full Version : Pulley System

Byron Trantham
11-12-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm pulley challenged. Can a pulley system be devised that would allow a table to be lifted [to a ceiling] with a single pull point? I see eight two wheel pulleys; four on the ceiling and four on the table to be lifted. I would like to pull a single rope to have the table lifted. Any ideas? thanks.

Rob Russell
11-12-2006, 10:37 AM
Sure - straps from the corners run to a center lifting point. From there a single rope/cable can be used to lift the table.

Byron Trantham
11-12-2006, 10:49 AM
Sure - straps from the corners run to a center lifting point. From there a single rope/cable can be used to lift the table.

I'm slapping my forhead and saying "I should have had a V8!":D Great idea. As susual I was making it too difficult. thanks

Tyler Howell
11-12-2006, 10:51 AM
It can be done!!

How heavy, how high, and how hard to you want to pull.
Will the blocks (sailor talk) be attacked all the time
lines unloaded will tangle!If you want one line with four anchor points you may have to retrieve all that line.
If you have the height you can use a 2,3, or four purchase block and tackle to lift the table with slings attacked to the four corners.
I would suggest two lines and marry them together (like window blinds) so you don’t have to suck up all that line.
A sailing/marine supply can provide all the gear but bring $$$ may be over kill.

I can draw something up if you give me more details.

Bart Leetch
11-12-2006, 11:05 AM
It has 8 pulleys ... a harbor freight winch... and lot of cable... 4 caribeaners... and 4 eye bolts.

See it in action below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLixC_D8CNg

I got this off another forum

Dave Richards
11-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Harken 7806

All the parts needed to do what you need. ~$100

3:1 effort