PDA

View Full Version : jointer arrived !!!!!

Michael Handrinos
11-10-2006, 6:15 PM
Hey folks. My 12" jointer arrived today from yorkcraft:cool: Man, is that one big box! The driver really did over and above to deliver it and help me and my friend get it to the garage. We popped the top and it was packaged better than other machine I've gotten yet. Had 5 steel brackets under the crate lkie a built in pallet.Ever see an aircraft carrier in a box? :D

I dealt with Tom. Ordered it on Tuesday and it was at the Dover DE terminal Thursday! Now that's fast. All and all...very satisfied! Can't wait to fire it up. Just wanted to share and if you have any tips....I 'm open to suggestions

Mike

Doug Shepard
11-10-2006, 6:19 PM
I dont think you really got one. I dont see no pics.:D

Rob Bodenschatz
11-10-2006, 6:20 PM
Wait a minute. I thought you were just getting started. If so, that's not fair!

Oh wait. Didn't happen. no pics.

Michael Handrinos
11-10-2006, 7:10 PM
I know. I know, No pics..didn't happen. I'll try to post pics tomorrow. I have to read how to. Also, I 'll take a few while setting up. Actually, there isn't much to that. I think it'll be more interesting getting it onto a mobile base:eek:

Mike

Ted Miller
11-10-2006, 9:03 PM
Michael, Congrats there and let me know how flat the tables are and if you find any bow or twist to the fence, and tell me how the fence moves and pivots, I am ready to make my purchase this monday after I finish up my electrical, I finished up the lighting today in my shop.

Not sure if I am getting the Yorkie 12" or the Bridgewood 12", my J on my keyboard is now wore out trying to find the right 12" jointer for the last two months. I feel the extra 1K is worth is on the Bridge, I asked Tom @ Wilke about installing a Baldor in the Yorkie 12" and he said an extra $300.00 plus it will cost me $358.00 for shipping since I am on the west coast.

Let me know how it runs and how it cuts...

Travis Porter
11-10-2006, 9:37 PM
Congratulations on the new edition. I am definitely jealous!

Corey Hallagan
11-10-2006, 9:39 PM
Congrats on the new equipment!

Corey

Jerry Olexa
11-10-2006, 10:35 PM
I don't see a picture....

Mike Canaris
11-10-2006, 11:23 PM
The nerve on some people .....hey where are the pics...:D :p

Chuck Wood
11-10-2006, 11:31 PM
Mike,

Congrats.....On the new machinery!:D Now I feel some what inadequate! You have a 12incher and I have only..........OH well !!!! Let's not go there:D

Jerry Olexa
11-11-2006, 5:35 AM
Serious case of jointer envy...

Michael Handrinos
11-11-2006, 6:46 AM
Thanks for all the support. Ted. I'll let you know how things go. I'm heading to York today for the WW show and will stop at Wilke. I'll check them out side by side and post what I find out. :)

Mike

Greg Salata
11-11-2006, 8:29 AM
WOW......a 12 incher.
Post pics ....................I think a railroad tie would be a great test for such a massive jointer;););)

John Miliunas
11-11-2006, 8:31 AM
Congrats, Michael! FWIW, I've been extremely pleased with all the equipment I've purchased through Wilke! They're a class outfit, IMHO! :) Definitely, let us know how it all works for you. :) :cool:

Keith Beck
11-11-2006, 9:47 AM
Michael,

Congrats on the jointer. I'm originally from DE and my brother still lives there. We're probably going to drive up to York sometime in December to pick up a couple of jointers ourselves - the 6" for my bro and the 8" for me.

BTW, my brother works at a newly opened woodworking store in Millsboro called Chesapeake Woodworkers. They've got a pretty good selection of lumber if you're looking for some. I know there's not a whole lot of other woodworking stores around them there parts.

If you go there, his name is Joe - tell him I sent ya. Can't guarantee that'll get you a discount though, but you never know... :D

Keith