PDA

View Full Version : Bed bolt covers

Mike Elo
11-10-2006, 1:23 PM
I am looking for bed bolt covers for a doll bed. I found a few for normal sized beds, but they are just to big. I emailed five different companies that sell doll furniture with no help. I case your not sure what a bed bolt cover is, I attatched a picture.
Thanks, Mike

Jim Becker
11-10-2006, 4:08 PM
The ones I used a few years ago came from Rockler, but they are available from a variety of woodworking hardware suppliers.

Carl Eyman
11-10-2006, 5:12 PM
How about a penny? Find 4 real copper ones and shine them up and cement them on or drill a small hole and pin them on with a brass pin. If you want to be real fancy, buy 4 indian head pennies from a coin dealer. My guess is the demand for what you are looking for is too small to induce someone to manufacture them. For the fun of it I'd like to know if you do find they exist.

Mike Elo
11-10-2006, 7:13 PM
Thanks Jim, but the ones from rockler are too big. The doll bed legs are only 1 1/4" wide.
I thought of using a penny since it's about the right diameter. But that would be defacing gov. property, punishable by law. And that would be wrong. :) :)
The covers need to swing out of the way to access the bolts. That way it can be broke down for storage.

Jim Becker
11-10-2006, 9:34 PM
Sorry, Mike...I completely missed the "doll" part! LOL! Maybe you can just punch them out of some thin copper or brass sheeting...check hobby shops for possiblities, too.

Carl Eyman
11-10-2006, 9:52 PM
Detail instead. Just kidding. Buy a foreign coin instead. With a small hole drilled at the very outer diameten and a brass escutceon pin driven in to secure it I believe you could get enough clearance to get at the bolt.

John Piwaron
11-11-2006, 9:33 PM
You didn't say who you contacted, but just in case you haven't contacted them, Horton Brasses has a pretty good selection of bed bolt covers. Maybe they can help.

Mike Elo
11-13-2006, 12:09 PM
No luck. Ended up using a flasher from a fishing lure. It realy worked well plus there were tons on sizes and styles to choose from.
Mike.

Jim Becker
11-13-2006, 1:07 PM
That's an excellent solution, Mike!