PDA

View Full Version : Digital Fence Readout

Rich Torino
11-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Wixey Digital has come out with a digital fence readout. It's pretty slick seems to be accurate and repeatable. Check out the web site wixey.com. Barry Wixey the owner was very helpful with the modifications and told me I could return the unit if it wasn't going to work.

It's a pretty simple design and install for a Bies fence.
I have a Grizzly 1023 with the Shop Fox fence so I had to make some modifications to clear the locking tab on the underside of the fence.
I make a couple of brackets that attached to the table.
Drilling a 1/4" hole through the fence angle iron and table was no problem.
Since I only had a piece of 2" aluminum angle I had to make an extension on the end that attached to the table.
The kit comes with two rails to aaccommodate an extended fence. Since I only have the the standard length fence I only used one of the rails. Here are some pics (I hope) of the unit and the install. I've got ten draws to make this weekend so I should be able to give it a workout....

Rich Torino
11-10-2006, 10:32 AM
a couple of more pics.........

Mark Rios
11-10-2006, 10:40 AM
That's terrific. But the website still says coming soon. Is it for sale to us regular folks yet or is it still being beta'd?

Will there be a special introductory/christmas pricing? :D

Looking forward to putting it on my new UNI.

Rich Torino
11-10-2006, 10:52 AM
I had spoke with the owner, Barry Wixey, months ago about availability so he emailed me a week ago saying that he had a limited number available and would not have greater supply untill Jan at which time he will update the web site. If your interested you can contact him via the web site and find out availability. He may still have some available now..

Mark Rios
11-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Thanks Rich. Do you think that the ones available in January will include any updates/refinements or are the ones available now going to be exactly the same as the ones available in January?

Rich Torino
11-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Mark,
I'm pretty sure it will be the same unit. He may offer different mounting options after he gets feedback from other installs. As far as Xmas pricing... Do you believe in the tooth fairy????