PDA

View Full Version : sawblade question

Jon Eckels
11-10-2006, 8:48 AM
does anyone know of a sawblade, that I could use in a miter saw or table saw, that cuts a v-notch? maybe something like a 1" taper, but with a thickness of 1/4" down to very thin? preferably for non-ferrous metals, though I'll take what i can get.

scott spencer
11-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Hi Jon - I don't know of such a blade...you might have better luck finding a router bit with that profile.

Steven Wilson
11-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Not sure of a saw blade, you might be able to find a moulding head for a table saw that does that.

Tom Walz
11-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Give me some more details, (size, machine etc.) and we will quote on having one made.

Tom

Cliff Rohrabacher
11-10-2006, 4:13 PM
Not sure of a saw blade, you might be able to find a moulding head for a table saw that does that.

Which raises the question Where does one find such a thing. I've thought about it for years it seems like such a cool idea. But never seen one.

Scott Whiting
11-12-2006, 2:29 PM
Which raises the question Where does one find such a thing. I've thought about it for years it seems like such a cool idea. But never seen one.

Although the shape the original poster asked for may not work because of the 1" height and narrow width LRH makes the Magic Moulder which has about 90 diferent profiles availible and for a price custom ones can be made.