PDA

View Full Version : Question r.e. Powermatic 15S Planer

John Eugster
11-09-2006, 11:59 PM
I finally replaced my 12" Delta benchtop after 12 years and am pleased with the limited use so far with the Powermatic. Being a computer resistant, hands on type of guy I'm a little confused (maybe more than a little!) about the digital read out. Can anyone offer some advice? No problem setting it once I run a piece through and mic it, the confusion I have is which button do you push so that further table movement is relative to that setting? Sometimes it seems correct but then something happens and it's way off! Then, do you need to reset the read out to zero every time? Since I build one of a kind pieces it's not in full time use. Any help would be appreciated, John

John Eugster
11-11-2006, 6:22 PM
I see that 84 people read my post but ------ answered it myself! There was a small sticker in the manual that I overlooked that answered my question. Feel kinda dumb now, it's a matter of one little button push to keep your initial setting before you shut down the digital read-out. Ah yes, following gears, belts, levers, etc. easier to follow than the electronic trail. John

Jim W. White
11-11-2006, 6:39 PM
Sorry john, but it looks like you might be the only one fortuenate to have one of these new planers.

glad you worked it out!! :o