PDA

View Full Version : WW'ng show purchase gloat

Neil Bosdet
11-09-2006, 10:33 PM
I don't know how this will stack up with some other purchases around here but I'm sure happy with this one. I have been wanting a 12" SCMS for a long time to replace my 10" Makita that's showing it's age. I have been doing some contracting work lately with the agreement that I could spend my earnings on tools if I wanted. Dewalt has been advertising a special on their DW718 to include the portable work station at n/c. Well I figured if I could get them to throw in the optional laser too I'd be in business. This is in Canada and the saw sells for $799 day in, day out. So my plan was to get the saw with the stand and the laser for this price at the show. I bought the saw and here's what I got (all Dewalt of course):

12" SCMS
Portable workstation
optional laser
12" 80 tooth higher end Dewalt blade (in addition to the one on the saw)
Jobsite am/fm radio and charging station
Portable wet/dry vac

That's about $1600 canadian at real prices

Price paid: $699

I'm not the biggest Dewalt fan out there, but I am happy with the purchase.

Neil

Corey Hallagan
11-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Excellent Goat and Congrats!

Corey

Steve Canada
11-10-2006, 2:00 AM
Neil,
Nice score. I was lusting over the Dewalt planer promo at the show. But as I've been waiting for a few months to pick up a bandsaw, I went with this:

http://www.general.ca/machines/gi/90/g_90150.jpg

General threw in a mobile base as well. I was hoping for a little more, but hey... I can't wait to put in together this weekend.

Nice to see another local Creeker!