PDA

View Full Version : Jim King's Fantastic Wood

Bruce Shiverdecker
11-09-2006, 9:22 PM
For the last several months Jim King and I have been in contact about his wonderful wood. He has been making arrangements to have an outlets in the US.

Towards the end, I jokingly asked him where my samples were. Next thing I know DHL is at my door with the heaviest 17# box I've ever lifted. (It actually weighed 30#):cool:

There were 7 turning blanks inside. Here are pictures of 5 of them. The other two are duplicates of two of these.:D Noe all I have to do is make sure I do them proud!

1 - Dalmation 2. Queenwood 3. Red Dalmaton 4. Tigercaspi 5. Unknown Spalted

I don't know where he got "Dalmation," but it's very pretty.

Bruce

Bernie Weishapl
11-09-2006, 9:31 PM
Wow Bruce what a haul. There should be some nice things come out of that haul of wood. Jim is a good guy.

Christopher Hunter
11-09-2006, 9:35 PM
Wow---- that is going to be some fantastic wood to turn...
I can't wait to see what they will look like when they are turned ...
and if you need any help with those, I will send my address ---LOL
great pics send regards to your friend..

Corey Hallagan
11-09-2006, 9:37 PM
Beautful stuff, congrats Bruce, what yah going to make?

corey

Mark Pruitt
11-09-2006, 9:59 PM
Doggone it, Bruce you lucky devil you:eek: :eek: :D !!! Man that is some mighty fine looking stuff. I know you'll enjoy turning it!

Ken Fitzgerald
11-10-2006, 12:15 AM
Can't wait to see what you find in that beautiful wood!

Art Mulder
11-10-2006, 6:57 AM
Hmm, Hey Jim, do you ship to Canada? I'm sure we could find an experienced lumber importer up here to bring in this gorgeous wood.

best,
...art

jeremy levine
11-10-2006, 8:47 AM
Turn fast, I want to see some of that with a finish on it :):):)

Tom Sherman
11-10-2006, 9:07 AM
Color me green, looks like you have lots of fun ahead for sure Bruce. Anxious to see some of the finished work also. Great gloat for sure.

Frank Fusco
11-10-2006, 9:26 AM
Great wood is not all that is fantastic with Jim and his vocation and avocations. Somebody could write a book about his experiences and adventures. ;)

Jim King
11-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Bruce: Thanks for the nice comments from yourself and others. I will attach a couple of photos of what we are preparing for shipment now. You might find them interesting.

There are about 10,000 blanks in this shipment and 28,000 bf of 1/4 and 1/2 inch hobby boards kiln dried and S4S. We are working as fast as we can and going to add more people.

Art: I would be happy to talk to someone in Canada about future business. We are getting our species approved so we can import into Canada but it will be about a year before we can ship to another customer as we have close to 300 stores in the States that have orders in and I just cannot accept any more orders for now.

Bruce Shiverdecker
11-10-2006, 2:08 PM
Well, Jim, you'we outdone yourself. Everyone is drooling all over their keyboards!

Bruce

Frank Fusco
11-10-2006, 2:52 PM
Well, Jim, you'we outdone yourself. Everyone is drooling all over their keyboards!

Bruce

Drooling? I had to change my britches. ;)

Bruce Shiverdecker
11-10-2006, 5:47 PM
I heard that about you, Frank. Depends help--------------- so I'm told.

Bruce

(Just Jokin"):D

Dick Strauss
11-10-2006, 6:11 PM
Jim,
Should I expect to see some of your wood at the local Men___'s? What species are you shipping here? Hopefully my previous PM helped with shipping sizes/shapes.

Best of luck,
Dick

Jim King
11-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Dick: We are building a warehouse in Houston and when the shipment arrives there they will decide on the species and sizes. We can put in to start a total on 40 barcodes in hobby wood t , no turning blanks. I would assume that they will start with Bloodwood, purple Heart, Orange Agate, Pink flame and one other.

Dick Strauss
11-12-2006, 1:04 PM
Jim,
I'm sure I'll be first in line once some turning blanks arrive. I especially love the look of that orange agate and pink flame. Who knows...I might even do some flatwork with hobby wood that beautiful!

Best of luck with your new venture,
Dick

Corey Hallagan
11-12-2006, 1:18 PM
Jim, I will be looking forward to the 1/4 and 1/2 stock!

Corey