PDA

View Full Version : Painted Cherry Vase

Andy Hoyt
11-09-2006, 3:17 PM
Last one of these for a spell - promise!

Here's a vase I turned not long after I got my hollering rig set up. I got the exterior form just how I wanted it, gutted the interior, and set it aside to dry. Recently got back to it by sweetening the exterior and was just doing a teeny tiny itty bitty tweak down by the foot with a skew when my left hand departed for Bermuda, my right hand headed off to Nome, and my head went right up my ..... Can you spell The Mother of all Catches?

The walls were down to about 3/8" at this point and the reultant Grand Canyon was easily more than half of that. Well, I fixed it as best I could, but this meant that I had no room left to do any clean up on the interior.

Chrystine saw it and said, "Mine", so she did her thing. About 10" tall and 4" across.

49817 49818 49819 49820

I got to put some gel poly on this one. Two coats and buffed. For once, I didn't wreck her effort.

Keith Burns
11-09-2006, 3:22 PM
Dang, Andy, I really like this one. Probably my favorite of all your recent ones posted. Great job:) :)

Mark Pruitt
11-09-2006, 3:41 PM
This is my favorite of the turnings you've been posting these past few days. Love the form and the painting. Leaving the inside natural was a nice touch. Chrystine might be hoping for some more catches!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Jonathon Spafford
11-09-2006, 3:42 PM
I really like it... cool job both of you!! Coming up with some nice stuff!

Ken Fitzgerald
11-09-2006, 3:48 PM
The Hoyt tag-team is sure putting out sweet stuff! Nicely done!

Barry Stratton
11-09-2006, 4:11 PM

NO, NO, we like these....keep `em coming.

Great combination of talents!!!

Travis Stinson
11-09-2006, 5:43 PM
My favorite also. Andy, I think she saved more than your vase! ;)
The details of the pyrography are terrific, along with the contrast of the black with the natural color. Be sure to pass the kudos to Chrystine.:cool:

Bernie Weishapl
11-09-2006, 6:44 PM
As usual Mr. and Mrs. Hoyt turned out a beautiful vase. Andy nice job and tell your wife her painting is beautiful.

Bob Noles
11-09-2006, 6:50 PM
Andy,

I've been enjoying the pictures.. keep em coming, they are all beautiful.

Corey Hallagan
11-09-2006, 9:19 PM
Nice work Andy. I love vases like this and your wife did another great job. What is the width and height of the piece.

Corey

Jim Becker
11-09-2006, 10:09 PM

Oh, com'on....keep 'em coming!

Jeff Borges
11-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Andy, you don't know me.. I've posted in a here a few times..but I thought you might want to know, if you need place to keep that....well.. ummm I'd volunteer! :p :rolleyes:

Well done, nice recovery and well... like they all said. keep em coming!

Jeff

Jim Ketron
11-10-2006, 9:07 PM
Sweet Piece Andy!
You all done GOOD!

Andy Hoyt
11-10-2006, 9:44 PM
Dang! Not one "Vahse" in the bunch. Back to the drawing board, I suppose.:D

Yup I like it too. Thanks.

Jeff - you aint related to the SF Bay Area Borges tribe are ya?

Jeff Borges
11-11-2006, 1:00 AM
no Andy, unfortunately...(fortunately?) I am not.. I am part of the Flint Michigan Borges tribe. They don't spin, so I am trying to fit in to this new ummm family? I am creating my own tribe..in So Cal, two girls... 4 1/2 and 7, they are showing a little interest in wood..lol!

Jeff