PDA

View Full Version : Lee Valley tools cheaper???

Robert Trotter
11-08-2006, 11:13 PM
Hi all,
I have a little shopping list of things I would like to order from Lee Valley. Hand planes and blades and marking equipment etc.
Comes to over a $1000.
OK I realise that many buy machinerey etc over the net and that is big bucks but over a thousand on tools is getting up there for me.

Anyway what I would like to know is if Lee Valley has some kind of discounts or is there somewhere to get their stuff a bit cheaper?
I live in Japan and it will all have to be shipped over so that will add up to quite a sum as well.

Any suggestions? Or Just go ahead with my purchase direct from LV?

Robert

Mike Wenzloff
11-09-2006, 12:20 AM
Write to Rob Lee himself. Best person to get this type of advice.

RLee@leevalley.com

Take care, Mike

John Schreiber
11-09-2006, 12:21 AM
This doesn't answer your question, but I often buy from Lee Valley even when they are not the best price.

Their products are innovative and top quality, their catalog is a pleasure to read, their customer service is second to none and Robin Lee often participates here at Sawmill Creek when questions come up about his company's products.

I wouldn't throw money away to buy from them, but I do believe in associating with quality and I think Lee Valley is one of the best.

Robert Trotter
11-09-2006, 3:22 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I have sent Rob Lee a questions so I will just have to wait.

Robert

James Mittlefehldt
11-09-2006, 5:43 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I have sent Rob Lee a questions so I will just have to wait.

Robert

I would bet you won't wait too long let us know what happens.

Rob Lee
11-09-2006, 7:56 AM
Hi Robert -

Answer's in your in-bin!

Cheers -

Rob

Tyler Howell
11-09-2006, 7:59 AM
This doesn't answer your question, but I often buy from Lee Valley even when they are not the best price.

Their products are innovative and top quality, their catalog is a pleasure to read, their customer service is second to none and Robin Lee often participates here at Sawmill Creek when questions come up about his company's products.

I wouldn't throw money away to buy from them, but I do believe in associating with quality and I think Lee Valley is one of the best.

What He Said:cool:

Blaine Harrison
11-09-2006, 9:58 AM
Hi Robert -

Answer's in your in-bin!

Cheers -

Rob

Not bad response time....... A little over 3.5 hours.

Jeez, what took so long, Rob. I mean what the heck are you doing at 2:22 AM (Chicago time - when the note was posted about sending a PM)? Can't you respond a little more timely than that?

:D :D

That's why I continue to look at LV first.

Blaine

Rob Lee
11-09-2006, 10:04 AM
(snip)
Jeez, what took so long, Rob. (snip)
Blaine

...I've gotta try harder.....

Cheers -

Rob

Tom Henry
11-09-2006, 10:13 AM
...I've gotta try harder.....

Cheers -

Rob

I am very impressed! I know where I will be looking first now...:cool:

Robert Trotter
11-09-2006, 6:51 PM
Thanks a lot Rob, and I have checked out my in box.

For all the watchers, I'd like to say that I was very surprised and very happy with the quick and helpful reply from Rob and then from his sales staff. It has been one the quickest responses I have had to any enquiries over the internet. I also got some good information on international shipping. So far I am VERY happy with the service I have had.

Robert.
(Japan)

Tyler Howell
11-09-2006, 6:58 PM
I went wild when I first got into neander land.
The staff and products are wonderful. Value added service.

Terek Johnson
11-13-2006, 1:18 PM
Lee Valley/Veritas rocks! They're what Stanley would have been had they not decided to make garage door openers instead: wonderful innovations that really work and superior craftsmanship at a resonable price = win win.
There's a woodworking show that makes the rounds every year (interestingly called The Woodworking Show); Lee Valley has a booth there,and if you buy your stuff at the show they give you free shipping. Although, I doubt the show goes to Japan, but you never know.