PDA

View Full Version : Corel Help

Glenn Corser
11-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Has anybody found a simple way to import a multi-page PDF (Berrybasket) into Corel X3? We could do it without any problems in 11 and 12.

Steve McKee
11-09-2006, 8:47 AM
Glenn, I am not a Corel expert, and I have never played one on TV, but I just imported an 18 page PDF without problem. When you select the file to import expand the options button on the lower left side of the screen and select "Maintain layer and pages", this will create a separate page for each page of the PDF. Likewise if not selected it will import all pages, one on top of the other, on the first layer of the corel file. Hope this helps.

Steve

Mike Mackenzie
11-09-2006, 11:54 AM
You can also just select the page or pages you want. A lot of that stuff you do not need to bring into Corel.

Glenn Corser
11-09-2006, 8:18 PM
Steve and Mike,
Thanks for the help but I keep getting the same thing when I try to import the Berrybasket patt.pdf file. No matter which combination of options I use, I get an error Window that says "No errors occurred." and the import fails. They were talking about this over on EE and the fix there was to delete the first two pages of patt.pdf using Acrobat. I don't have Acrobat so that fix is out. The fallback is to reinstall Corel 12 but I was hoping someone would have a better solution. Thanks again for trying.

Mike Mackenzie
11-09-2006, 8:39 PM
You can download acrobat reader it free http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Or you can try to OPEN the PDF instead of Importing then just select the page you want. It works in X3 without any problems.

Glenn Corser
11-09-2006, 11:35 PM
OK. I give up. Won't open, wont' import, won't etc. I went to Corel, downloaded SP1 and installed it. Still won't, won't, won't. Mike, I can open the thing in Acrobat Reader, do a graphics copy, paste it in and trace. That may be the easiest thing for getting one or two over. I will probably just reinstall 12 if I need to do very much. I took my first programming class in 1965 and the #$&*@ things still aggravate me.

Jim Good
11-10-2006, 1:06 AM
Glenn,

Which patterns did you purchase from Berry Basket?

Jim

Glenn Corser
11-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Jim,

It was the full Xmas ornament CD - patt.pdf. We bought it 2 years ago and had no trouble with it in 11 or 12.

Bill Stein
03-13-2007, 8:03 PM
Glen,

I tried to open my BerryBasket CD last week and had the very same problem! Exactly as you descriped. I was going to ask for help here but got busy and didn't get around to it. I was getting ready to put my post up and decided to do a search to see if it had already been answered and found this old thread.

I was about to go over to EE and see what the details were on deleting the first two pages when I remembered that I had updated X3 over the weekend and had noted some positive changes (the main one being that the print preview window stays selected). So I thought, what the heck, maybe they fixed whatever was different between v12 and X3. Guess what? They did! I just opened the CD in X3 without any problems. Give it a try.

Bill

Jim Good
03-13-2007, 9:34 PM
Thanks, Bill. I haven't updated my X3 yet, but I guess I should! I appreciate the heads up.

Jim

Mike Null
03-14-2007, 6:09 AM
It is not necessary to import the file into Corel X3. Just open it.

There is a PDF filter you can select.

Steven Smith
09-25-2007, 1:17 PM
Has anybody found a simple way to import a multi-page PDF (Berrybasket) into Corel X3? We could do it without any problems in 11 and 12.

For future reference...
I was having the same problems as others in this thread with the BerryBasket .pdf files. I was able to import other .pdf files but not these.
I downloaded and installed X3's service pack 2 and hotpatch 1.
Problem fixed, I can now import the BerryBasket .pdf files.

Ed Newbold
09-26-2007, 7:25 AM
For future reference...
I was having the same problems as others in this thread with the BerryBasket .pdf files. I was able to import other .pdf files but not these.
I downloaded and installed X3's service pack 2 and hotpatch 1.
Problem fixed, I can now import the BerryBasket .pdf files.Hotpatch 1? Is this a new patch that appeared after SP2?

Scott Shepherd
09-26-2007, 7:52 AM
Yup, I had the same problems, would import in V12, but not in X3. Applied all the patches to X3 and it works fine now too.