PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Pens & Lidded Box

Bernie Weishapl
11-07-2006, 9:56 PM
Well got a little turning done this weekend. I turned a couple of Euro Designer pens from Woodcraft. I also turned 6 more but they are still drying. I really like how these cedar ones turned out. Also made a cherry lidded box. Trying to get a few things together as I have been talked into doing a craft show.

Forgot to put in the box is finished with Minwax Tung Oil finish and the pens with Deft spray Lacquer.

Tom Sherman
11-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Awsome stuff Bernie, great pens and box, I really like the finish on the box.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-07-2006, 10:03 PM
I'm with Tom Bernie! Beautiful box...fantastic finish....great pens!

Corey Hallagan
11-07-2006, 10:47 PM
I like'em Bernie. Nice job, the lacquer finish on the pens is great looking! Stuff will kill yah though! Good looking box as well buddy!

corey

john blanchard
11-08-2006, 6:14 AM
I like the way they flare out on the bottom half, i have some of those coming in, think i`ll try that, what kind of cedar is that?

Dennis Peacock
11-08-2006, 8:58 AM
Awsome Bernie....Pretty all the way around. :cool: :D

Keith Burns
11-08-2006, 9:06 AM
Great pens and box, Bernie:) :) Hope the craft show goes well.

Paul Engle
11-08-2006, 9:39 AM
Really like the " Onion dome " box . How long does it take the deft lacquer to dry, I thought about tring it on a project for the wifes candle bussiness but shy away from sprays etc.

Bob Noles
11-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Just plumb purddy, Bernie.... always is :)

Be sure to let us know how the show goes. Sounds like fun.

Bernie Weishapl
11-08-2006, 6:49 PM
Really like the " Onion dome " box . How long does it take the deft lacquer to dry, I thought about tring it on a project for the wifes candle bussiness but shy away from sprays etc.

Paul the can says you can recoat in 30 minutes. I generally wait a hour or more. Most times I put on 3 coats sometimes 4. If I am not in a hurry I will let the pens cure for a few days before assembly.

John B. I am not sure what kind of cedar. It is just the garden variety that grows kinda like weeds out here. Most times they don't grow big enough for any size bowls.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I should have a few more pens shortly.