PDA

View Full Version : New Shop Bandwagon

Jody Malinich
11-07-2006, 9:46 PM
Well, with all these new shops going up I guess I might as well get mine out here also.

Specs:

28' X 30' in size
2 10' X 10' garage doors, will be roll up style to save overhead space and lighting when doors are up
Got me a side door with the fancy shade between the glass (no dusty blinds)
Have two windows downstairs and one upstairs.
Bottom ceiling height is a tad over 13'
Debating on it's own electrical service or pulling from the house.
If I do a seperate service I'll put a heat pump with AC in. If not maybe a coupleof LP heaters.

Upstairs will be about 14' X 20 when finished, will have an "L" shape stairs with a door at the top. This is to the office and packing room.

Lighting will consist of alot of recessed lights and a few spot lights where needed. I'll also have cable, internet and a phone out there. If I was to do it over I'd have a urinal and deep sink put in, but the house is only 50' so I'll manage.

Rennie Heuer
11-08-2006, 8:01 AM
Too many new shops going up. I am now on my third keyboard.......it's amazing how drool can upset electronics! :eek:

Mitchell Andrus
11-08-2006, 8:44 AM
LOL Rennie, LOL

Mitch

Jerry Olexa
11-08-2006, 4:30 PM
Looks good.. Thats a good bandwagon to be on.. G'Luck

Tyler Howell
11-08-2006, 5:01 PM
Hey Jody Looking real good.
I'd push for the separate service:cool: .
TJH

Ted Miller
11-08-2006, 5:23 PM
I'll also have cable, internet and a phone out there. If I was to do it over I'd have a urinal and deep sink put in, but the house is only 50' so I'll manage.

Well I figured this is your house now, lol...

Rob Bodenschatz
11-28-2006, 4:06 PM
Jody, could you expand a bit on your use of recessed lighting? How many? How far apart? Cost difference between that and standard flourescents?

I've just started thinking about doing that for my new shop & I'd be interested in your thought process with those.

Lou Morrissette
11-28-2006, 4:10 PM
Great size on the shop, Jody. Good luck with it.

Lou

Jody Malinich
03-06-2007, 7:49 PM
Well, guess I'm waaay overdue for an update. I can't believe it has been over 3 months and I'm still not finished with this yet. I did get the siding and the new roll-up doors installed, I guess that was done in December. I've got one more weather strip to put on one of the doors and the outside is complete. Had the electrician do his thing in February and after three weeks of waiting the electric company finally came down and pulled the new line today. I couldn't pull from the house because it couldn't take the load of the shop so, 217 feet of new electrical service later, a BIG check to the electric company, a messed up yard (really soggy this time of year here) I still don't have all the power. Seems the 200 amp breaker box I got from the local hardware has a bad main cutoff. I'm only getting power from one service leg. So tomorrow I have to hunt down a replacement and have the electrician change it out for me. I did swap all three breakers that I have in there over to the good leg, luckily I didn't install any 220 outlets yet. So, for now I have lights and a few outlets to play with. Next come the fun part, removal of 50 feet of asphalt driveway. One corner is 6" above he floor so to pass inspection I've got to re-grade a section. I'll redo the whole driveway later this year.

Roy Wall
03-06-2007, 7:56 PM
Thanks for the update! That's a GREAT SHOP you have going there!!

Good luck and keep sending pictures!