PDA

View Full Version : Any Experience With the New PC Mini-Belt Sander?

Jeff A. Smith
11-07-2006, 12:43 PM
I am curious over this sander from Porter Cable (the 371k) and was wondering if anyone's tried it yet. It can be had for $120-ish. Might be handy for aggressive in-line sanding on small areas.

Thanks!

John Gregory
11-07-2006, 1:54 PM
I am curious over this sander from Porter Cable (the 371k) and was wondering if anyone's tried it yet. It can be had for $120-ish. Might be handy for aggressive in-line sanding on small areas.

Thanks!

So far not all orders by retailers are filled. I have one on reserve at my local wwing store when he gets his order in. Lots like a handy tool to me.

Al Willits
11-07-2006, 1:55 PM
I was looking at that one also, just wondering if your gonna find 2.5x14" belts on sale anywhere, I think its the only sander that runs them?

Al

John Gregory
11-07-2006, 2:32 PM
I was looking at that one also, just wondering if your gonna find 2.5x14" belts on sale anywhere, I think its the only sander that runs them?

Al

Amazon, Klingspor and I am sure others carry them

Brad Townsend
11-07-2006, 5:36 PM

Al They're not that easy to find, but you can still buy them even local if you look around a bit. I have an old Skil "Sandcat" that takes that size.

Terry Flowers
11-08-2006, 7:39 PM
I just bought one at the Costa mesa woodworking show for $119 and they threw in 3- 5 belt packs. Two other dealers there were selling it at the same price with no freebies. My son bought one too. They are back ordered.

I got to try it at the PC booth, one with no DC hooled up and onew with a shop vac. The dust collection worked great.

I think this little sander is the answer to many jobs where my big heavy Makita is just too much to control. It should be great for one handed jobs, like scribing to a wall, etc. Sands flush to a side wall. Has a removeable handle for 2 handed sanding, if that is ever necessary for such a light, easily held unit.

Terry