PDA

View Full Version : Maple Segmented

Keith Burns
11-07-2006, 11:20 AM
Not one of my favorite pieces. This one contains 184 pieces, Maple & Walnut. Measures 10" tall and 7" dia. Finish is friction polish. Comments, good or bad are welcome. Thanks for looking.

Nancy Laird
11-07-2006, 11:31 AM
Keith, I sure with I could see this in person, as the picture obviously doesn't do it justice. Some of the black (dark) lines are seeming to break up in the photo, and I'm sure it's not the piece--just the picture. To me, it's just beautiful and a piece I would be proud to display.

Nancy

Paul Engle
11-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Keith it is simply awsome work, I can't wait to get to that level. I really like the friction finish an will be getting some asap..... how did you keep the tear out to a minimum??? or was there no end grain in all those pieces ? keep up the good work !!!:D :D

Kurt Rosenzweig
11-07-2006, 12:44 PM
Very nice Keith! I like it a lot!:D

Ken Fitzgerald
11-07-2006, 12:57 PM
As usual from one of those Southern Boys! Utterly fantastic! You have a lot more talent and patience than I do Keith!

Frank Kobilsek
11-07-2006, 2:47 PM
Ken,
The amazing thing is Keith has a job too. I know Keith has a job because it was his boss that introduced us. The volume of work that those 'Southern boys' put out is as impressive as the work itself.

I like the leopard wood better but this is a very nice piece. If everybody liked the same thing then this wouldn't be that much fun anyway.

Good job Keith.

Frank

Dennis Peacock
11-07-2006, 2:57 PM
Awsome piece Keith!!!! :cool: :cool: :D

No wonder it takes you so long to turn a piece. You keep cutting up all your bowl blanks, sanding them, and then gluing them all back together to make a segemented turning. :p :p :p :D

Bernie Weishapl
11-07-2006, 5:48 PM
That is another beautiful piece. Well done Keith.