PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt replacement batteries

Paul Zonneveld
11-07-2006, 12:14 AM
Anyone know where I can get replacement batteries for my Dewalt 18V drill. Are the cheap ones worth it or just go with the Dewalt brand. If so where do I find them (best price).

David Rose
11-07-2006, 2:46 AM
Batteryrebuilders.com is a good place.

David

Wayne Gauthier
11-07-2006, 4:51 AM
If you have "Battery Source" near you, they will rebuild them for you cheaper then you can get new batteries from the manufacturer.

Dave Richards
11-07-2006, 5:46 AM
I had a couple of 14.4V DeWalt batteries rebuilt by Batteries Plus--any of those battery sources should be able to do it. They used cells with higher Anp/hour ratings than the original. They seem to do better than the originals but of course I was used to the originals in their worn out condition so it is hard to tell.

I do have two DeWalt 14.4V batteries that have glued cases. They would rebuild those because they couldn't easily get in to the cases.

fred woltersdorf
11-07-2006, 6:25 AM
i haven't tried this one yet but i think i will when i need batteries.www.voltmanbatteries.com

Paul Zonneveld
11-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the responses. I did some more research this morning and it appears that the option I am going to go with is to buy the rebuild core and replace it myself. You guys see any issues with this path. I use the drills often and kind of need the batteries.

Keith Outten
11-07-2006, 1:14 PM
Anyone know where I can get replacement batteries for my Dewalt 18V drill. Are the cheap ones worth it or just go with the Dewalt brand. If so where do I find them (best price).

Paul,

We have a Member here who is associated with BatteryBuilders.com, his name is Jason Abel. Send Jason a PM or email, he may have several solutions for your battery, he did for me.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?u=5819