PDA

View Full Version : Another Shop going up!

James Manning
11-06-2006, 6:52 PM
Hello,

From lurking here for over a year it seems that shop threads are popular so I thought I would share my shop going up. Fair warning I am not as detailed oriented as some, but I do want to offer something to those that may benefit from it. Below are the basic's,

Shop size 24x32

10 ft ceilings

Stucco siding to match house

8:12 roof pitch

Engineered trusses

3x3 windows on east & west walls

9 ft insulated garage door

Shop will be heated and cooled

I will use the entry door that we bought for the house on the east wall LOML changed her mind after the first door was ordered and delivered, oh well it will look mighty fancy on my shop! Below are few shots of the walls going up today.

thanks for looking,

James.

49686 49687 49688

John Bailey
11-06-2006, 7:26 PM
Good start James and welcome to the Creek. Keep us posted, as you are right, we do like shops being built.

John

Bart Leetch
11-06-2006, 7:56 PM
A WHOLE YEAR & ONLY 2 POSTS!!!! JUST NOW YOU SHOW UP WITH A BUNDLE OF STICKS.....

Welll at least their good lookin sticks & well stuck together toooooo... & a fancy door.

Oh by the way:eek:welcome to the creek James.:D

Ben Grunow
11-06-2006, 9:01 PM
Great shop and welcome to the Creek but Darien where? (see the location next to my name)

Jim Becker
11-06-2006, 9:05 PM
That's going to be a mighty-fine shop. And Welcome to the 'Creek!

Bruce Page
11-06-2006, 9:30 PM
James, that is going to be sweet! Keep us posted on the progress & welcome to SMC!

Mitchell Andrus
11-06-2006, 10:11 PM
As we say at the sax newsgroup to christen a member's new saxophone....

You Suck!

Keep us informed.

Mitch

Corey Hallagan
11-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Congrats on the new shop and welcome to SMC. Your going to have a beautiful shop, wish I had all of that room!!

Corey

Frank Snyder
11-07-2006, 8:43 AM
Very nice!!!! I hope that the weather cooperates with your schedule. Are you doing all of the work yourself or contracting some of it out?

James Manning
11-07-2006, 9:08 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome, this is a great site!

Ben I live in Darien, Georgia! It is on the very east coast, I will be able to open the east door and windows and smell the ocean just a couple of clicks to the east! Wonderful little county, still mostly a shrimping community. We do not even have a traffic light in the whole county. It is great place for hunting and fishing.........and oh yeah (woodworking) ;) If
interested I can post some pictures of the area!

Also I will post some pictures this evening of todays work.

James Manning
11-07-2006, 9:41 AM
Very nice!!!! I hope that the weather cooperates with your schedule. Are you doing all of the work yourself or contracting some of it out?

Hi Frank,

It is a slight drizzle here today, but work continues. I am having the shop dried in by the same contractor that dried in my house. I will take it from there and do the inside finish work.

Here is a quick gloat, we are taking down some process buildings at work and I am getting alot my electrical stuff from work for 2.50$. Below is an industrial 3 phase, 100 amp main breaker box full of breakers that is going into my shop. I am also getting about 20 4 ft floresents and all the wall switches and stainless covers to go with them.

49705 49706

Jeremy Gibson
11-07-2006, 10:42 AM
James,

Welcome and congrats! It looks like you'll have a very nice shop. If you don't mind me asking, about how much are you investing with the contractor to have this building dried in? I've seen a few outfits around my parts that build a similar sized building with a slab foundation for about $20K.

James Manning
11-07-2006, 2:32 PM
James,

Welcome and congrats! It looks like you'll have a very nice shop. If you don't mind me asking, about how much are you investing with the contractor to have this building dried in? I've seen a few outfits around my parts that build a similar sized building with a slab foundation for about $20K.

Jeremy,

I have around $2500 in concrete, I poured it when I had my house driveway done back in Feb. I am paying the framer $7200 to dry it
in, for me that is all the way to felt paper on the roof, plus doors and windows. When he is done the stucco man gets it (still waiting on price) then the shingles and vinyl for eves/soffits. I have some material left over from my house on both vinyl and stucco!

Still trying to decide about the inside, anyone have any recommendations?

Tommy Curtiss
11-07-2006, 3:25 PM
I finished mine off with osb,,that way it is easy to attach things to the wall

James Manning
11-07-2006, 5:21 PM
Well the rain came and the work stopped for today, but they did get some sheathing on and the rest of the headers in. :D

49715 49716 49717

Craig Walls
11-07-2006, 9:25 PM
Sheetrock is a pain but it will most likely give you a better quote from your insurance guy. Fire extension/containment isn't really an issue since you are detached. One option is to just fire tape it and then cover the walls with OSB or something else.

James Manning
11-14-2006, 9:46 PM
Thought I would give a small update, there has been some progress this week. I did manage to get 18 4ft fluorescents removed from a building
we are taking down. Eight of them have 3 bulbs and the rest 2 bulbs. I am going back tomorrow for some more wall switches and receptacles,
I will post some pictures when I get them home.

James Manning
11-20-2006, 9:00 PM
Well we are moving slower than I had expected but it is moving, below are some update photo's. The lights & box of switches and stainless covers are what I got from work, along with the breaker box.

Brad Noble
11-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Jeremy,

Still trying to decide about the inside, anyone have any recommendations?

James,

I have told several people on here and other forums about my use of 1/2" melamine (bright white) for the wall covering on my recently built 16 by 24 shop to no avail. Its obvious to me that members up here must not like the idea and for the life of me I don't know why. It is, as they say about OSB, easy to place whatever you need on the wall just about anywhere you want. The bright white surface reflects light very, very well. I would recommend it to anyone for consideration.

But, thats just me and my $0.02

Brad

Jim Becker
11-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Brad, just keep in mind that the Melamine product is particle board with a very thin coating of the Melamine. While it's fine to screw or nail up many things, the particle board shouldn't be the sole support for heavy things to be hung on the wall, such as cabinets and shelving. Those should engage the studs or blocking provided for the purpose. Outside of that, it really can be a very nice surface... ;)

James, the shop looks like it's coming along great! 'Nice that you could score some goodies surplus, too.

Jerry Olexa
11-20-2006, 11:06 PM
Looking good...Enjoying your updates!!

Chuck Wood
11-20-2006, 11:23 PM
James,

Congrats on the new shop! Enjoy! And above all else have fun!:)

James Manning
11-20-2006, 11:54 PM
Thanks for looking, I can't wait to get to work on the inside. Brad thanks for the tip, but I think I am going to go with 3/8's T-111 for the inside
walls & "1/2" ply, one side sanded for the ceiling.

Brad Noble
11-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Jim.

>>Brad, just keep in mind that the Melamine product is particle board with a very thin coating of the Melamine.<<

I just assumed everyone (including me) would know better than to rely on just the melamine to carry any weight. For cabinets/shelves or any such item I use at least 3" screws THRU the melamine and into a wall stud.

Heck Jim, I've seen my BIL use it for roof sheathing. I would've never believed it would last at all but its been up there now for almost 14 yrs and is still good and solid. Secret is to never allow it to get wet (of course) and never use it on anything more than 16" on center. Lots of ice guard, heavy felt paper and using a good roofer to install the roof. Or, so says my BIL. It has worked well for him but I'm not so sure I'd be willing to try it yet. Inside walls? Yep, would do it again.

Brad

James Manning
11-21-2006, 8:49 PM
Brad I having thoughts about the 1/2 melamine, the thread that was just started on drywall vs osb for shop walls was informative as well I still have not decided on what to put on my walls. Could you post some pictures of your shop showing the 1/2 melamine that you installed and how you handled the seams where two sheets butt up to each other.

thanks,

James.

Brad Noble
11-21-2006, 9:47 PM
James,

I'll see if I can get a couple shots of the inside for you. Mind you, my shop was never built to be a showplace. Especially when I pretty much built it myself (and I'm only 56 yrs old and already wore out one body and working on my second).

In other words, I didn't spend much time worrying about the proper appearance of my shop as much as I was concerned about getting it done enough to be used.

Brad

Jim Becker
11-21-2006, 9:47 PM
Brad, glad we are in agreement. When I think about it, a really nice combination would be the Melamine on the walls and a nice french cleat system to hang (and move) things as needed on the walls...kinda like WOOD Magazine's Idea Shop #5 from a couple years ago. Of course, that works really nice with drywall, too...and T1-11...and... :D

Brad Noble
11-21-2006, 10:04 PM
Hmmn, French cleat system huh? Why didn't I think of that. Wait. Lets see, the price of jet fuel is way up and so it was gonna cost too much to have the stuff flown in from France so I am waiting for a while. Yeah, thats it.

Where were you when I was building my shop? And no excuses like "I was right here where you'll find me everyday". That's not fair!

OOPS, forgot to add this: :D :D :D

Brad

James Manning
12-31-2006, 6:43 PM
Well the thanksgiving holidays and my inlaws house burning up stopped me from doing any work on the shop for a while. I finally got back to work on it starting with finishing the roof, also the stucco is underway with the scratch coat. All the wire is pulled and I started some insulation work today. Below are a few pictures of the progress. I will end up with around 22 circuits with 8 being 220, I hope to have all the electrical including the breaker box cut in by the end of Monday.

53938 53939 53940 53941 53942

Jim Becker
12-31-2006, 6:46 PM
Looking good, James! (Sorry to hear about the inlaw's fire...bummer!)

James Manning
01-21-2007, 9:35 PM
Well I am still plugging along on the shop, below are some photo's of the progress. The wall insulation is done and I rented a drywall lift this weekend and finished installing the ply ceiling. The outside is mostly complete except for a few fixtures and landscaping. I got a few sheets of the T1-11 on the walls also before I came in to watch the playoffs!

55711 55712 55713 55714 55715

David Wambolt
01-21-2007, 11:04 PM
That looks great. I built a 20x24 detached garage this year replacing a 13x24 that was originally built in 1952. It was scary just to stand in that run down shop and I enjoyed taking the reciprocating saw to that thing. I'm in the process of doing the same things as you and have my electrical going in within the next week or so. I'll have a 100amp sub panel in my shop.

I'm going to insulate, drywall, texture and have a Central HVAC system so that I can work comfortably. Here in Sacramento, the summers can get pretty toasty and I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to working in the heat. I wish my shop was bigger with taller ceilings like yours, but I'll get by. I built mine with dual 12' insulated doors so that I can drive a vehicle through and park in the very back of the yard. Nice for a project car, boat, or trailer. I can fit two vehicles behind the garage, three in front of it before my outside gate and one in the driveway out front. I don't have that many cars, but it's nice to have a bit of driveway space too. :)

Good luck finishing it up.

James Manning
01-22-2007, 8:45 AM
David,

thanks,

I can't wait to get done with mine. It seems like I have been working on the house and shop for so long, I can not wait to get back to real WW projects. But I still have alot to do, it will be nice to get to the point where I am installing my machines and dust collection piping, etc.

Pete Brown
01-22-2007, 8:50 AM
Here is a quick gloat, we are taking down some process buildings at work and I am getting alot my electrical stuff from work for 2.50$. Below is an industrial 3 phase, 100 amp main breaker box full of breakers that is going into my shop. I am also getting about 20 4 ft floresents and all the wall switches and stainless covers to go with them.

Watch out for those old breakers. Breakers have a limited life if they've been switched on and off a lot.

You may also want to get an electrician to check out the panel to make sure it is all good.

Pete Brown
01-22-2007, 8:53 AM
The latest updates look very nice. You could live in there :)

Jim Becker
01-22-2007, 9:27 AM
Looks great, James. Question...what form of insulation are you doing for the ceiling?

Pete Brown
01-22-2007, 9:46 AM
Looks great, James. Question...what form of insulation are you doing for the ceiling?

Good question. If batts, it will be easier to load them all up there before putting the rest of the ceiling in. In either case, leave an access ladder door in there so you can get up into that space for storage or whatever.

Also, since this is more a shed than a part of the house, it likely won't count, but around here, fire codes require a fire block (drywall) on all walls and ceilings. You can cover it with wood, I believe, it it still needs to be there for insurance and safety reasons.

I still love those shingles. They look really nice.

Pete

James Manning
01-22-2007, 10:29 PM

Thanks Jim, I am using R-19 batts in the ceiling.

Pete, I put the bags of insulation on top of the rafters before I enclosed the ceiling. I think I have enough to do it all, but if I am short, I installed a pull down door for access up there. My wife picked out the shingles and I like them too! :)

thanks

James.

Alan Trout
01-22-2007, 11:41 PM
I love the looks of your shop very pretty and nice and big!. I just have one question and don't want to be negative. However I know you are in Georgia but where I am from in Texas running stucco below or at soil grade is a big No No! It becomes a huge issue with termites at some time in the future. Did you do a soil pre-treat to prevent termites? The reason I know this is I am in the termite buisness in Texas. That is what we call a conducive condition and I would recommend treatment If I were to inspect that building for a real estate transaction. If you did not do a pre-treat you might consider having a cemical barrier such as Termidor applied. It should not cost to much and might save you some heartache in the future.

Good Luck

Alan

Tyler Howell
01-23-2007, 8:33 AM
Looking great James.
won't be long.

James Manning
01-23-2007, 11:03 AM
I love the looks of your shop very pretty and nice and big!. I just have one question and don't want to be negative. However I know you are in Georgia but where I am from in Texas running stucco below or at soil grade is a big No No! It becomes a huge issue with termites at some time in the future. Did you do a soil pre-treat to prevent termites? The reason I know this is I am in the termite buisness in Texas. That is what we call a conducive condition and I would recommend treatment If I were to inspect that building for a real estate transaction. If you did not do a pre-treat you might consider having a cemical barrier such as Termidor applied. It should not cost to much and might save you some heartache in the future.

Good Luck

Alan

Alan,

Thanks for the comments, most people here I talked to said that they probably would not pretreat because it is a stand alone shop. But now you have me worried........:eek: I thought if the stucco tied into the foundation that it would be a solid surface all the way down. Can termites eat thru "3/4" cement stucco?...:confused: Also there is a ledge that protrudes out from the side of the footers that the stucco goes all the way down to it. But if you think this may be a problem I will look into a chemical treatment. Any more advise you have is greatly welcome.

thanks!

James.

Robert Malone
01-24-2007, 4:07 AM
James,
Your shop is looking real good.
Tell wife she did good for not wanting door for house.
Termites will find the smallest crack to enter your shop.
I built my shop 11 years ago.
I also had a ledge that protrudes out over the block work.
I didn't pre-treat and the mites showed up last year.
The building was treated with Termidor inside and out.
Bob

David Cramer
01-24-2007, 10:10 AM
I am new and just found this thread. Cool looking shop and as one person said, "you could live in there". Absolutely great job so far James and keep'er coming. It is cool to watch the real time progress of someone's shop being erected.

My friend put R26 in his ceiling and hasn't regretted it one bit. The more insulation, the better. Enjoy the process, you'll be done before you know it.

Dave

Jim Becker
01-24-2007, 3:32 PM
James, if you can swing it, put more than R19 in those rafters. In the long run, it will pay in heating and cooling costs as well as overall comfort in those seasons.

Mike Buelow
01-26-2007, 1:53 AM
Nice job putting the romex over the rafters. When I did my garage I ran it thru holes near the top of the studs. What a PITA that was.

Hey while you're at it, don't forget to run CATV line from the house to the shop. Next the the fridge, it is the best thing I've done for myself.

Also, what a MAJOR score on that breaker panel & lights. Wow.

Pete Brown
01-26-2007, 7:00 AM
Hey while you're at it, don't forget to run CATV line from the house to the shop. Next the the fridge, it is the best thing I've done for myself.

If you do that, make sure you run a ground from the house wiring to the shed wiring. Same thing if you run a phone or data line.

Pete

James Manning
01-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the comments guys, I will be calling for a Termidor treatmeat around the outside of the shop. As for the insulation I have already bought the R19 for the attic and I am going to go with that. I have a friend with a similar sized shop with same insulation and he is very happy with it. This weekend I got the AC installed, power cables buried and pulled into the breaker box. I have finished about 3/4's of the T1-11 on the walls. I was to tired to take pictures tonight so I will post them tomorrow when I get home from work.

James Manning
01-28-2007, 10:34 PM
If you do that, make sure you run a ground from the house wiring to the shed wiring. Same thing if you run a phone or data line.

Pete

CATV is ready with ground installed from the house. :) As for data I use cable so I will have internet and TV from same line. As for phone we use wireless handhelds so I will always have one in the shop w/charger.

James

Jim Becker
01-29-2007, 10:51 AM
James, the R19 may be fine and should you decide you want more, it's easy to roll out an R25 blanket on top of it crosswise. I do suggest you pull one or two Cat 5 cables alongside of your RG6. If you have cable modem service and want Internet in both the house and the shop, you'll need to distribute to multiple computers and that requires a network. You "can" use wireless, but performance dips with distance and materials in the way.

Pete Brown
01-29-2007, 2:00 PM
CATV is ready with ground installed from the house. :) As for data I use cable so I will have internet and TV from same line. As for phone we use wireless handhelds so I will always have one in the shop w/charger.

By "ground installed from the house", I assume you mean the grounding sheath around the CATV core. If so, that isn't quite enough.

The power for the device needs to share the same ground as the signal. At the house, that is taken care of. In your shed, you'll need to handle that by running a ground from the house.

On the internet, the cable modem will be in only one place (likely in the house), so you won't have internet access through your CATV. If you know how to set up a secure wireless network (most people don't, I get stuck doing it for all our neighbors <g>), and the distance isn't too bad (and no concrete or metal structure in the way) you can go wireless. Otherwise get CAT5 or CAT5E outdoor/underground rated data cable and run it with your cable. Don't run it along side the electrical unless it is at least 6" away from the power.

Of course, none of these things are essential, but if you dig up your yard, you only want to have to do it once.

(I wired my whole house with Cat 5e and cable, and I had electicians handle the shed)

Pete

James Manning
01-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Jim/Pete,

Thanks for the advice, Pete are you refering to the ground that is run from the house with the power? We are pulling 4 wires, 2 hot, 1 neutral
and 1 ground wire. Or are you saying I need another ground?

thanks

James.

James Manning
01-29-2007, 10:41 PM
Well I am just about done with the T1-11, next is trim and the garage door. Then onto painting or staining:cool: . Good thing the LOML loves to help when it comes to painting or staining....:)

Below are some pic's from this afternoon, thanks for looking

James.

56404 56405 56406 56407 56408

James Manning
02-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Well I thought I should give an update on the progress with the shop, I am finally done with all the walls, ceiling and trim. The electrical panel is cut in and I ran a line for a shop phone and also from feedback here I ran a network line from my house network for a high-speed connection to the internet. We got started Sat morning with putting a coat of kilz on everything and today we should get some color on the walls. Below are some photo's of the progress.

thanks for looking,

James.

James Manning
02-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Here are some photo's of me and the LOML helping with the painting, she really is a big help. She is going to paint the door for me today. I will post some more photo's this evening.

James.

Carroll Courtney
02-11-2007, 11:23 AM
If I had mine to do over again,I do what you did and go w/10' ceilings.But I would also go w/ wooden floors.Sure would have save alittle pain on the back.I know I could lay 2x4's flat and nail plywood down,but I only have 8' ceilings. Very nice shop:)

David G Baker
02-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Jim/Pete,

Thanks for the advice, Pete are you refering to the ground that is run from the house with the power? We are pulling 4 wires, 2 hot, 1 neutral
and 1 ground wire. Or are you saying I need another ground?

thanks

James.
James,
My shop has three wires, two hot legs and one neutral leg. Wish the original installer had run the fourth leg. I can not run a telephone or any other hard wire that will connect with the house because the separate buildings have to remain isolated or have a ground wire the same size as the three main wires installed. If I ever re-wire the out buildings I will run the fourth wire.
The main line to the out buildings was run by a licensed electrician. No, you do not need an extra ground wire, what you have is correct.
David B

Jim Becker
02-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Nice progress, James!

James Manning
03-09-2007, 8:20 PM
Here are some pictures of my shop, I am finished with the painting and all the outlets & plugs are in. I got the phone and network installed and it works great with my laptop. The A/C works great and will be really nice this summer. The only things left to do are put down an epoxy floor paint and start hanging the flourescent lights which I will start on in the morning. Thanks for all the input and suggestions.

James.

James Manning
03-09-2007, 8:25 PM
Here are a couple more pictures, I will post some of the floor after I get finished with it. Then it will be time to start on some cabinets....:)

Von Bickley
03-09-2007, 8:37 PM
James,

Looks GREAT...:) :) :)

Al Killian
03-09-2007, 8:47 PM
James,
It is comeing along great. Befor you know it, it will be cover in dust.:)

Jim Becker
03-09-2007, 8:49 PM
Wow! I REALLY like what you did with this space...major comfortable looking...some of my favorite colors, too! Outstanding!

James Manning
03-09-2007, 9:28 PM
Thanks for the comments guys, and now I have to start thinking of how I am going to handle things like DC and such. I want to run ecogate gates with my dust gorilla, but I have got to figure out if PVC is better for me than metal.

Any suggestions?

Jim Becker
03-09-2007, 9:45 PM
James, it's important that your duct design match your tools and your Gorilla...take advantage of the free design you have coming from Oneida. At least the first portion of your design will be metal due to sizing. You might also check for a local supplier for spiral...many folks are finding it quite affordable when purchased from local fabricators.

Jim O'Dell
03-09-2007, 9:47 PM
James, I have missed your thread for a few weeks it seems. Great looking interior! You are getting very close. Continued good luck with the final steps! Jim.

James Manning
03-10-2007, 9:53 AM
James, it's important that your duct design match your tools and your Gorilla...take advantage of the free design you have coming from Oneida. At least the first portion of your design will be metal due to sizing. You might also check for a local supplier for spiral...many folks are finding it quite affordable when purchased from local fabricators.

Thanks,

:o I forgot all about Oneida owing me a free design, I will lay everything out after I have the lights up so I know where all the obstacles will be and email them. I have already got a good idea where everything will be, I have a 4x10 heavy table that will be in the center of my shop, it was used for years & years in the carpentry shop at work and is made of old 2x12's and 4x4 as a frame and wraped in 3/4 ply to make it look like a cabinet, the carpenters used it as an outfeed table for an oliver tablesaw, and that is what I am going to use it for too! It needs cleaning up and some new ply & paint and it will be great. :)

Paul Johnstone
03-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the comments guys, I will be calling for a Termidor treatmeat around the outside of the shop. As for the insulation I have already bought the R19 for the attic and I am going to go with that. I have a friend with a similar sized.

R19 will be fine since you are in Georgia.

James Manning
03-11-2007, 9:42 PM
Well I finished installing the flourescent lights this weekend and started on the attic insulation. This coming week I will get the epoxy on the floor and bring home the big outfeed table I got from work. Below are a few shots with the lights on..........:)

James Manning
03-20-2007, 9:44 PM
I took the week off from work to get some of my tools installed in the shop, I also have some sprinklers to install for my side and back yard. I installed the Dust Gorilla yesterday and wired up a mag switch for it today. Tomorrow I will put the epoxy paint on the floor so I can bring in the rest of my tools. Below are some photo's of the Gorilla going in.

James Manning
03-20-2007, 9:49 PM
Here are a few more of the gorilla going in.....

Jim Becker
03-20-2007, 10:43 PM
Very nice Gorilla installation, James!

Suggestion: when you have a few spare dollars (!) :), order up a 55 gallon drum to replace that tiny one! It looks like you have the room and it will definitely cut down on the dumping runs for you...

James Manning
03-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Very nice Gorilla installation, James!

Suggestion: when you have a few spare dollars (!) :), order up a 55 gallon drum to replace that tiny one! It looks like you have the room and it will definitely cut down on the dumping runs for you...

Thanks Jim,

I can get a 55 gallon fiber or steel drum from work, the lid from the small drum should fit the larger fiber drum, I also want to put a caddy underneath it so I will only have to undo the lid and roll it out of the shop..:)

James Manning
03-23-2007, 10:26 PM
I finally finished painting the shop floor, I got one side done and opened the second can and done the other side, I thought it looked just a tad lighter but waited for it to dry. It was lighter, how can HD mess up two cans mixed at the same time for the same color and they come up different colors? Took some pictures of the floor with me back to HD and they replaced the paint. It still was very aggravating since it is a 20 mile dry to HD, but at least it is done.......:) Below is a shot from the front.

James Manning
03-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Well I got the floor done and moved most of my tools in and got started on some organizing. I will wait awhile before I get the DC piping installed, I want to make sure I like the placement of the tools. I still have to bring in the big center table and I also have started on some cabinets for the shop. I will post these in a new thread. Below are some pic's of the shop.

thanks for looking,

James.

Roy Wall
03-28-2007, 10:22 PM
James -

Congrats to you on a LOT of Hard Work!!! THe shop looks great...well done!!

James Manning
03-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Roy,

Thanks, it is so NICE to have everything in a place and just walk up to the tool and start using it without moving the car or bicycle etc........:)
I am luvin it...........it got warm here today and I came home and the shop was a cool 71 degrees!:D

James

Jim Becker
03-29-2007, 11:32 AM
James, that's really a great shop space...I'm truly envious of the high ceilings, too. It's also nice you had the advantage of being able to do alot of the finishing work on the walls, ceiling and floor before starting to get other things set up...'makes for an easier job and a better result than with the more common "shop retrofit" activities that many of us have done. (more than once...)

Jim O'Dell
03-29-2007, 6:50 PM
I'm with Jim B. I'd love to have the ceiling height, or just some of it (mines 7'7" IIRC) I agree with the earlier comment too...very comfortable looking. Inviting would be another word. Enjoy! Jim.