PDA

View Full Version : Attention lovers of heavy IRON!

Kristian Wild
11-05-2006, 11:14 PM
While I can only look longingly at its beautiful curves, you may be in a position to give it a loving home. It's a 26" Crescent Machine Co. bandsaw for sale on ebay.

I don't think I'm allowed to link directly to it but I can give the auction number. It's 300043942353 or just search "Crescent Vertical Bandsaw" The bidding on it closes on Nov. 6 at around 8pm EST so think fast! I wouldn't normally be posting stuff like this but I'm an old 'arn lover in training, but I have no place to put something like it.

Its in a town called Milroy Indiana if that's close enough to anyone to save them shipping.

Let me know if you win the beauty!

Kris

Kelly C. Hanna
11-05-2006, 11:33 PM
That is a beautiful piece of old arn.

I will never get why direct links are not allowed....silly IMNSHO. But thanks for pointing out the item number idea. I know about that but rarely think about it when it comes to this forum. I ALWAYS avoid posting anything I find for sale here due to the rule.

Nick Roper
11-06-2006, 1:14 AM
That is a beautiful piece of old arn.

I will never get why direct links are not allowed....silly IMNSHO. But thanks for pointing out the item number idea. I know about that but rarely think about it when it comes to this forum. I ALWAYS avoid posting anything I find for sale here due to the rule.

I may be wrong and someone please correct me if I am, but I distinctly remember reading that direct links were not only acceptable but encouraged, so long as they are for the purpose of stimulating discussion.
By my way of thinking, this means that it is perfectly acceptable to post a link to a photo of a classic piece of machinery as long as one doesn't do it for the purpose of advertising or financial gain? Am I wrong on this?

Nick

John Bailey
11-06-2006, 3:46 AM
Kristian,

You were correct in your posting of the Crescent bandsaw. Descriptions are allowed to E-bay, but not direct links. While this is not stated directly in the TOS, it has been a long standing interpretation. This has been a hot-botton issue for some folks in the past as we realize this interpretation of the TOS doesn't work well for all at SMC.

Hope this clears it up. Now, I'm going to go check out that bandsaw.

John

Kristian Wild
11-06-2006, 9:59 AM
Yeah I thought so. I just didn't want to get my wrist slapped!:)

Kelly C. Hanna
11-06-2006, 10:02 AM
I meant to ebay or to a business we own in the signature line...sorry for the confusion.