PDA

View Full Version : New Member just saying Hello.

Mike Heidrick
11-05-2006, 9:42 PM
Hello everybody. Just saying Hi and Thanks for all the informative theads here on SawMill Creek. I am a Woodnetter known as BloomingtonMike and have been reading here on Sawmill creek for a few weeks now. Just another woodworking hobbiest like many of you, Hoping to learn a bit more about the right way and wrong way to use the tools and materials more efficiently.

Sawmill Creek looks like a great place. I really like the combined General Woodworking and Power Tool forum. One place for a ton of great info. Look foreward to participating with all of you. If anyone is in central IL or passing by Bloomington - feel free to stop by and say Hi.

Rob Bodenschatz
11-05-2006, 9:57 PM
Welcome. Nice shop.

Kristian Wild
11-05-2006, 10:17 PM
Hi Mike, and welcome.

I have shop envy! But it sure doesn't look dusty enough. You must have spent weeks just polishing it up for those few photos.

BTW if that catfish and those crappies are from your farm pond I'm comin'for a visit!

Kris

Brett Baldwin
11-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Welcome Mike. It looks like you take your hobby fairly serious with a shop like that.

Mike Heidrick
11-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Hi Mike, and welcome.

I have shop envy! But it sure doesn't look dusty enough. You must have spent weeks just polishing it up for those few photos.

BTW if that catfish and those crappies are from your farm pond I'm comin'for a visit!

Kris

Yep - fish are from my pond. And the good news is so far they are all still there - snapped the pic of the crappie and put her right back in the water. Have at least one other crappie that is 14".

The catfish in the pond are very good size as well. 12lb-15lb is very common. I feed the catfish so they eat really good.

As far as how clean the shop is - I keep her swept up and every once in awile I fire up the blower. The cast iron is well taken care of as well - love the Boeshield rust off and T-9 products. I even keep the Deere clean as well so that she is always running in top shape.

These pics did come right after this weekends shop tour. We have a woodworking club at work and I hosted a shop tour and weenie roast this weekend. She was looking pretty clean for that. Took about 8 hours to get it all straightened up. Good time for a picture.

The shop is also my metal shop. Most recent project was a rebuild to ASAE Cat1 Quick Hitch standards of a Land Pride 72" 3pt Landscaping rake for my tractor (just learned to weld this spring - check out my 1957 300amp AC Lincoln IdealArc 250 Stick Welder I reconditioned). I do not like to mix wood dust and welding.
http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e169/BloomingtonMike/th_rake1.jpg
http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e169/BloomingtonMike/th_sweld2.jpg

Tyler Howell
11-06-2006, 12:18 AM
Welcome Mike. Real nice set up there:cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
11-06-2006, 12:40 AM
Welcome to the Creek Mike! Bloomington?........My wife's from Fairbury and we fly into Bloomington regularly when visiting the in-laws. I went to highschool in a little town in southern Illinois. I lived in Cornell (near Pontiac) and worked for Sitton drilling company drilling gas storage wells for Nothern Illinois Gas for a year until I got my draft notice in 1968. We're flying there Dec.23 to visit the MIL for Christmas and then on to southern Indiana to visit my Mom and her husband.\

Wade right into the Creek. The water's fine! Neat place to exchange information and get opinions!

Again..........Welcome!

lou sansone
11-06-2006, 5:56 AM
nice shop photos and nice shop
welcome to the creek
lou

Corey Hallagan
11-06-2006, 8:44 AM
Welcome to SMC Mike!

Corey