PDA

View Full Version : China made co2 laser tube

Jenny Yin
11-05-2006, 8:46 PM
In China we usually assemble China made co2 laser tube,which with about a 2000 hours life,if I sell laser machine to US, should I change foreign made laser tube which with a longer life?I am not sure America more concern about the cost or laser tube life.:D

Rodne Gold
11-06-2006, 2:01 AM
The price of that glass tube is mickey mouse compared to the price of a Synrad or Coherent tube. People are more concerned with the quality of the output of that tube and the difficulty in aligning it than price. I believe a rerplacement 80w tube is around $250. I also believe it lasts about 3-6 months with constant useage.
If you do go with a "proper" tube , your costs will be a LOT more and you will have to source it from the USA - you will have problems with warrantee issues and will have to change your motherboard and a whole host of other things to use it , bear that in mind.
If you can demonstrate that your glass tubed machine works as relauibly and can engrave as well as lets say a Gcc machine at 1/2 or 1/3rd of the cost , you will have a winner.
There is nothing that you can do technology wise to ally the suspicions that a cheap chinese laser can do what the more traditional machines can barring deomonstrating it.
If I were you , I would line up some folk interested in distributing your machine and pay for them to fly to your place and give them a hands on demo of your machines and then send them back with one of them for them to test themselves in a production environment. Gonna cost you a bit of money , but it might pay huge dividends.