PDA

View Full Version : My Shop Time Will be Limited

Carl Eyman
10-26-2003, 7:38 PM
My complaint - I'm about to make it - is insignificant next to my wife's. But I'm going to make it anyway. LOML - for the past 60 years - fell while walking along a perfectly smooth floor last Fri PM and broke her hip. It certainly is no picnic for her. But how am I going to get those last five chairs done? I guess the answer is very slowly. Wish us both luck. Carl

Don Abele
10-26-2003, 7:52 PM
Carl, sorry to hear about your wife's accident. I wish her a speedy and uneventful recovery. Having delt with some hip fracture patients in the past, it's a long tedious road. The best prescription for it is: Patience, love, and support in mega-doses. The chairs will find themselves completed soon enough. Take care of LOYL as you have done for each other over the past 60 years.

Be well,

Doc

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
10-26-2003, 9:22 PM
Sorry to hear of your wife's injury. It is tough having to slow down the woodworking, but you are right, she needs you badly right now. We old folks have to take things as they come and give one another all the love and support we can. Tell her we are praying for her speedy recovery.

Ted Shrader
10-27-2003, 3:33 PM
Carl -

Sorry to hear of your wife's fall. Hope she gets well quickly. Her care is the most important thing right now, but don't work so hard you neglect yourself.

Take care,
Ted

Ace Karner
10-27-2003, 11:46 PM
Carl, your wife and you are in my prayers.

Dennis Peacock
10-28-2003, 12:05 PM
Carl,

Very sorry to here about your wife's fall and injury. The two of you will be in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery and total come back so you can get back into the shop.

Roger Fitzsimonds
10-28-2003, 12:34 PM
Carl,

I have you and your wife in my prayers. I wish you the strength to be nurse and chief house keeper and bottle washer. I hope for a speedy recovery.

Roger