PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's trip to Woodcraft in Spokane...

Ken Fitzgerald
11-05-2006, 1:46 PM
Okay.........Here's the photographic proof........Saturday Sharon and I made the trip to Spokane ....purchased the Jet 17" 16 speed drill press, a Sorby 1" wide 1/2" thick bowl scraper and lot of other small things. I managed to horse the drill press into the shop and get it assembled. I then proceeded to check it out and use it. Nice machine and it'll serve my purposes.

That Sorby bowl scraper has some heft! 1/2" thick and 21" inches long. I've been using a little Robert Larson 3/4" wide round nose scraper. It was all I had and while it's great for boxes.......on bowls I got a lot of vibration. This Sorby has some mass and should minimize vibration!

Curt Fuller
11-05-2006, 2:02 PM
That's a heck of a pen blank driller! And that big hunk of bowl scraper should whittle down a pen blank in no time;) .

Nice looking pens too!

Jim Becker
11-05-2006, 6:46 PM
Ok, Ken...now it's time to make a rectangular auxilary table for that DP! Mine is 24" x 18 and it fits the Jet quite nicely. Two tee-slots make for a movable low fence using toilet bolts and wing nuts to secure.

Keith Burns
11-05-2006, 7:35 PM
Congrats Ken, great looking tools, way to go:) :) :) Trying to figure out how ya going to turn on that DP though:eek: :D :)

Corey Hallagan
11-05-2006, 9:46 PM
Congrats Ken, that should do the job just fine for you. Great gloat!

Corey

Bernie Weishapl
11-05-2006, 9:56 PM
Congrats Ken on the drill press and scraper.

Joe Mioux
11-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Ken: Congrats on the new DP and turning thing.

Unfortunately you fell into the wrong crowd (those turning ppl) because I see your shop's wiring is still not completed.;)

It's all their fault that your shop isn't completed!:D

Joe

Ben Werner
11-05-2006, 11:00 PM
youll be VERY happy with that scrapper!!! I just got it for my b-day and I love it! just make sure you put a nice burr on it, it doesnt come with one...

Ben