PDA

View Full Version : Lumber Run

Tyler Howell
11-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Lumber Run.
Gathered up some of the soggy bottom creek boys and headed south on a lumber run.
Let it be understood that this mission was lead and under the control of Al's lovely bride Lori. (Shebeast???? This lady packs some serious heat and can use it)
We had the obligatory breaking of bread at Perkins in Rochester with Dave and family then another hours drive to Lime Springs, IA, to Hartzell Wood Stock.
Great selection of domestic local stock & Amish made furniture. Proprietor Jim Hartzell really new his business and the 2.5 hr drive was worth the trip$$$.
Met a few other real nice WWers stocking up.
Good time was had by all.

You see Al and Lori with their new kitchen.
Dave's got a new project in mind.
Jim had some 8/4 walnut that will be ready for me next trip:D :D

Jim Becker
11-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Now that looks like a great time, Tyler!!

Dennis Peacock
11-05-2006, 2:44 PM
Glad ya had a good time. Gotta watch women who not only pack some heat, but KNOW how to use it. :D

Martin Gerber
11-05-2006, 2:55 PM
I too have boughten wood from Hartzell. Very happy with the quality, price and service. Purchased some cherry, red oak, ash and birch from him.

Did they have any QS white oak when you were there? I have been looking for some.

Al Willits
11-05-2006, 3:59 PM
QS white oak? You bet, seemed like lots of it.
I think he said he had about 250bf of it....I was in heaven, unfortunately you know who, has decide plain cut is what she wants.

Had a great time, I was like the kid in a candy store, thank goodness Beasty was along or I'd have kept loading the truck full of wood....maybe not a bad thing??? :)

We are thinking of going back for some ash, was some nice 6/4 there that had living room end table wrote all over it.

Gotta thank both Tyler, Dave and his wife, for a great time.

Seems like he has some nice lumber and Jim the owner was most helpful.

Always good to get out and meet Creekers. :)

Al

Dave Richards
11-05-2006, 4:00 PM
I had a great time for sure. Didn't buy nearly as much wood as Al did though.

Martin, he did have some QSWO. He was surprised that Al's wife preferred the flat sawn stuff.

Al Willits
11-05-2006, 4:10 PM
Okay, okay. Actually Jim was downright shocked that I didn't like it! I thought for a minute there I was going to be 86'd...:o

I will get off your forum now, but I just wanted to say thanks myself to Tyler, Dave and Kari for a great time.

Lori (She Beast)