PDA

View Full Version : Successful turned box

Wayne Hribar
10-26-2003, 6:19 PM
Just thought I would show a picture of my newest obsession...trying to perfect turned end grain boxes. I saw the DIY network that showed me different ways to turn these than I had learned. Has anyone else seen "Woodturning Basics"? Thanks for looking!!!!

Wayne

Steve Clardy
10-26-2003, 6:31 PM
Hey, looking great Wayne. Looking at the grain, you turned this out of one piece?
Steve

Wayne Hribar
10-26-2003, 6:41 PM
Yes Steve it is turned out of one piece of wood

Wayne

Kevin Gerstenecker
10-26-2003, 6:48 PM
Great looking little Box Wayne. I have seen bits and pieces of "Woodturning Basics" on DIY. I need to look into when the program airs in my area, so I can watch it regularly. Looks like you have the endgrain turning figured out............that really looks nice! :D

Ted Calver
10-26-2003, 9:49 PM
Nice work! I've been watching the show and have learned a bunch. I'm a beginner, and seeing the techniques in action makes a world of difference over a photo in a book!! So far I've seen programs on turning a bowl, a goblet with captive ring, a hollow vessel and the box like you made. Hope they keep the series going.

Matt Bridges
10-26-2003, 9:53 PM
I love the grain pattern in that piece. Awesome work! I've never seen that show, but it sounds great.

Matt