PDA

View Full Version : SWMBO......""expletive deleted" SMC turners".............

Ken Fitzgerald
11-04-2006, 1:18 PM
SWMBO just got up. She loved the pen that I turned last night. I couldn't use the pen drilling self centering vice to drill the blank. My "el cheapo" benchtop drill press even with the table fully lowered and the bit completely seated in the chuck didn't have enough clearance. So....last night and again this morning I researched drill presses. She insist's the SIL, sons, DIL's and grandkids need a pen by grandpa. I just got off the phone with several Spokane businesses that stock power tools. I'm on my way to Spokane to buy either a Jet 17" or the equivalent Delta drill press floor model.:D SWMBO is going with me. She's making the list of materials we need to satisfy the "Christmas list"...............She did mention that the "Bomb" is a gift that keeps on giving....or rather taking cash from our billfolds:eek: :rolleyes: :D ...........I'd take Bruiser the F-350 but it's been raining and more is expected so we're taking the van. A new drill press was in the budget for next year anyway..........

I'll post photos later of the cause and effect.......the pen and the new drill press.....:D

Andy Hoyt
11-04-2006, 1:23 PM
Ah yes. Another aftershock from da Bomb!

While you're in Spokane, Ken; be sure to check out Guido's Pool Supply Liquidators & Co.

I hear they're running a special on a new type of diving board that doesn't bounce so much.:D

Ken Fitzgerald
11-04-2006, 1:33 PM
Seriously Andy.......I've only got about 30-40% of normal hearing. The "Bomb" is clamped to that 2x12 which is setting on the two halves of the Little Giant ladder. When a piece of wood develops cracks while spinning....I can't hear the change in sound especially when I'm wearing my Trend Airshield and the shop stereo is turned on but I do notice the change in vibration! It's saved me a couple of times.:D

Jim Becker
11-04-2006, 2:57 PM
Didn't you know...the "bomb" was a cluster bomb that has lots of little bombletts that are a "gift that keeps on giving", as it were... ;) :D

Jeff Borges
11-04-2006, 7:57 PM
Lol the gift that keeps on giving

Bernie Weishapl
11-04-2006, 8:14 PM
Hey Ken, just go get the drill press and hush before she changes her mind.:eek: :eek: :p

Ken Fitzgerald
11-04-2006, 10:14 PM
It's 220 miles round trip to Spokane. So when I go.....I get serious! Sharon says we got off lightly this time. I only spent $700. I bought a new 17" 16speed Jet drill press, a 1" Sorby bowl scraper (luckily she doesn't know a thing about turning pens!), a pro live center kit, lots of abrasives, 20 more pen kits to add to the 9 I still have, sleeves to put the pens in, some new pre-filters for my Trend Air Shield and other numerous but small items. The drill press came with a $25 rebate or a new Bosch 4" angle grinder. I'm going for the grinder. I can use it to cut the rebar on the apron I'm pouring for the shop.

Now where did I put that box of pen blanks from Mike Ramsey and others that came to me as part of the _______ run earlier this year?

Photos to come later.