PDA

View Full Version : granite

pat bogarin
11-03-2006, 11:54 PM
can anyone tell me where i can buy polished granite plaquesfor engraving?
thanks

mike wallis
11-04-2006, 12:08 PM
Hi Pat, before about a month ago the only place to get polished granite catered for laser photo engraving was Laser Sketch and believe me they knew it. I've recently found a new supplier who's granite is out of this world as far as quality. I've never seen a grain so tight and so black. Below is a photo on a heart shape that I just did. (Click on it to see the full resolution) They will be carrying black marble in about a week or so as well.
This industry has been in need of some competition in this market and I for one am glad there here.

And NO, I'm not affiliated with them just really happy with there product.

Contact Mark Garcia at 909-792-9397 and he'll send you a sample.

Guy Hilliard
11-04-2006, 7:03 PM
And the new mystery supplier is.....

Dave Jones
11-04-2006, 7:18 PM
Mike gave the contact name and phone number. The company is called Artistic Laser, in Redlands California.

Steve McKee
11-04-2006, 8:31 PM
I just took a look at their website. Is it just me or does it come up really odd looking for everyone? Looks like their frames are out of line or something.

Bob Keyes
11-04-2006, 8:56 PM
Looks fine to me Steve. I have bought a case of their 5 x 7's and they are great. Really nice product. I will buy from them in the future.

Hope they get the marble in soon!!

Dave Jones
11-04-2006, 9:09 PM
yeah, their web site has alignment problems. The center of the home page is shifted relative to the top and bottom (at least for me in Firefox). I think it looked OK at first, but when I went to another page and then back it looked aout of alignment.

Linda Forte
11-04-2006, 9:27 PM
FYI...The problem with their website is that they have a background image with those black bars on it and if you have your browser window wider than about 800 pixels, it repeats and the contents stretch wider across it. If you don't maximize your window, you can bring in the width of your window so you can view it better. (I taught web design for 6 years)

Linda

Linda Forte
11-04-2006, 9:30 PM
Just a chuckle...if you look at the bottom of the website, it was designed by "HalfOffWebDesign" - wonder which half?

Dave Jones
11-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Linda, I spent a number of years as a host for Adobe on their GoLive forums, helping designers to build better web sites. It's pretty basic to build a page like that with tables that compensate for browser width without repeating backgrounds or misaligned contents.

But as you point out with the name of the designer, I guess you get what you pay for. (half off the price, half off the quality?) :rolleyes: