PDA

View Full Version : The Eagle has landed!

Bruce Page
11-03-2006, 10:50 PM
I took some shots of the locals last Sunday morning near Pasagshack on Kodiak Island, Alaska. There were probably 40-50 Bald Eagles in one 1/4 mile stretch with half again as many juveniles. If you look closely you can spot 10/15 in the one pic. It was pretty cool. :)

Ken Fitzgerald
11-03-2006, 10:56 PM
Great pictures Bruce! We have quite a few eagles that winter over along the Clearwater River between Lewiston and Kooskia Idaho. Often in the winter you can drive there and watch them fishing for steelhead. More often sitting in trees along the river along US 12.

Mark Stutz
11-04-2006, 12:00 AM
The scenery isn't quite as good, but many Bald Eagles winter along the Mississippi just north of St. Louis, around Alton.

Joe Pelonio
11-04-2006, 12:41 AM
That is really cool.

We have them here, but rarely see more than 2 at once. They sit in a tree along the lake on the road I take to work and back. We see them mostly in winter when there are no leaves on the trees to hide them.

Al Willits
11-04-2006, 6:54 AM
We see them when we go fishing in northern Minn or Canada, once watched about a dozen fly for over a half hour, pretty impressive.

Makes ya just sit and ponder how beautiful nature can be.

Al

Jim Becker
11-04-2006, 10:58 AM
They are really beautiful birds, Bruce. What's really nice is that they have made a big come-back all around. I saw one not long ago near the Delaware river not far from where we live in SE PA.

Bryan Somers
11-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Awesome pics Bruce. Ive only seen them in the wild once 2 flying ove Palisades Lake in eastern Idaho