PDA

View Full Version : Woodcraft $5.00 bit deal

Dave Lehnert
11-03-2006, 9:49 PM
I have purchased a lot in the past and have worked very well. Guess it's time to get more.

Brad Noble
11-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Dave,

Me too. Last year I only got 6 of them. I fixed that this year. ;) :D

Brad

Jon Eckels
11-03-2006, 10:42 PM
are they any good?

Rob Haddon
11-03-2006, 11:07 PM
I've already blown my tool budget for the mo...well, year, but I'll bite. I did a quick recon of woodcraft's site but didn't see any $5 bit sale. Is there a special URL to access or is it over already?

Allen Bookout
11-03-2006, 11:15 PM
I have no idea if they are any good or not but here is the link:

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=5774&banrotate=TRUE

Randy Cox
11-03-2006, 11:17 PM
I just bought about 10 of them. They have added a few new profiles this time. For 5 bucks, you wouldn't even have to sharpen them, but I think they do an excellent job and look like they could be resharpened several times. Just my 2 cents.

Randy

Matt Guyrd
11-04-2006, 8:58 AM
I picked up nine bits yesterday for $45. I saved $115 when compared to the sticker price. These bits have 1/2" shanks too.

I spoke with one of the guys that works there and he said he has used the bits with good results.

In the store, there was a small section of the bits with the $5 sale sign. It only included about six profiles. I asked if there were more profiles on sale and was told "Well, I'm not suppose to say this, but all the bits over on that wall are included too." There was another five or six profiles different from the sale location.

The website has the profiles available too. Might have to pay for shipping though.

At five bux...heck, you can't go wrong.

Matt

Jake Helmboldt
11-04-2006, 3:51 PM
I've gotten a fair number of their bits and they have been pretty good. When they are on sale you can't go wrong. They are better than Porter-Cable bits (which isn't saying much).

JH

Robert Waddell
11-04-2006, 5:42 PM
I've been using the round over bits almost on a daily basis for about two years now. I keep one router and table set-up totally dedicated for this. I make more than a thousand cutting boards a year among many other things, so I've worked them hard. No problems with them. They seem to stay sharp as long as a good bit would. When they get dull, I chunk them, and get a new one. Saves me the time of getting them out to be sharpened. I've used several of the other bits but have not worked them near as hard as the round overs. Try them. I think you will like em.
Robert

Mike Heidrick
11-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Last time I bought these I could only find 5 that were 1/2" shank. This time I found 15 new bits that were 1/2" shank. Picked them up tonight. How many total Wood Craft $5 1/2" shank bits are there? The 15 I got today were the 15 listed on the website.

glenn bradley
11-06-2006, 9:58 AM
I have a half dozen or so and they seem to work fine. If they were junk it wouldn't matter if they were free, you still wouldn't want them but, mine have been in use for over a year. No complaints.