PDA

View Full Version : Need recommendation on Stapler

Todd Burch
10-25-2003, 10:52 PM
I have 3 staplers now and would like to be able to shoot 1½" staples, but my current max is 1".

I'm leaning towards the Senco SKS series. There are 3 available crown-width models: the 1/4" crown ("L" model), the 3/8" ("M" model) and the 7/16" ("N" model).

I already have an "L" model that shoots 3/8" to 1". However, I'm thinking I would like a wider width crown.

The "M" model is the same gauge staple as the "L" model, but the selection of staple leg lengths is limited (7/8", 1", 1 1/4" and 1 1/2").

The "N" model, a little thicker staple, has the largest selection of leg lengths (7/8", 1", 1 1/8", 1 1/4", 1 3/8" and 1 1/2") which is appealing.

An thoughts on a 7/16" vs. a 3/8" crown?

Thanks, Todd.

Jim Becker
10-26-2003, 10:55 AM
What you are going to use the stapler for should guide you in your decision. Given you're looking for longer length, it sounds like this tool is going to be used more for structural assembly of things. The "N" model looks interesting from that perspective with it's heavier fasteners, etc. Your other tools will probably deal with the situations where a narrower crown is more appropriate. All of this is speculation, of course! :D

Phil Phelps
10-26-2003, 2:47 PM
What you are going to use the stapler for should guide you in your decision. Given you're looking for longer length, it sounds like this tool is going to be used more for structural assembly of things. The "N" model looks interesting from that perspective with it's heavier fasteners, etc. Your other tools will probably deal with the situations where a narrower crown is more appropriate. All of this is speculation, of course! :D

You musta' been chosen for the extreme makeover. What an improvement :D :D