View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
11-03-2006, 9:26 AM
Friday Novemburrrr! 3rd, 2006

Woke up this morning to 12 degrees. :eek: BRRRRRRR!!! :eek: At least we don't have any snow on the ground yet, although it has snowed several times already.

I'm going to have a busy weekend. I've got to get the J/P head removed from the X-31 so I can measure the bearings. I've got a new Byrd Shelix head coming if I can get Byrd the bearing sizes.

Also, I'm going to try and get some of the Christmas lights up, but I've got to figure out how I'm going to mount them to the rain gutters, as I have debris covers on them. Somewhere in there I've got to allow time for some football, W on Saturday and the Pack on Sunday, as well as the Cup race from Texas on Sunday. Whew! Not sure I'm gonna be able to fit it all in.

How about Y'all? What's up for the weekend? Remember there's only 20 days until Thanksgiving and 51 days until Christmas. Just trying to be helpful. ;) :D

Whatever it may be make it fun and be safe.

Karl

Rennie Heuer
11-03-2006, 9:29 AM
Last weekend was a bust - as far as WW goes. Mowed the lawn (hopefully for the last time this year), cleaned up leaves, did some work at church, cleaned up around the house. Ugh.

MAYBE this weekend I can get back in the shop - several projects waiting for me. Wish me luck!

Tyler Howell
11-03-2006, 9:37 AM
Big 3 day under way.
Painting this morning, a cute friend has agreed to help:rolleyes:

Date tonight another cute one.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D
Lumber run with creekers tomorrow.
Taking the camara.
Sunday I want to play with that spinny thing. We'll see if the yard work permits some crack time.

Chris Barton
11-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Leaving around 4 AM Sat to go over to the Smokies and do some fly flishing for the next few days. Should be a great weekend catching bows, browns and cuts out of little mountain streams!

Jim Becker
11-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Probably another "normal weekend" as I've been having these days...running around on Saturday and something around the house on Sunday. The latter will likely be the (unfortuante) removal of a lovely 25' flowering ornimental plum tree next to the current deck. We originally intended to have it moved as it is right smack in the middle of where the addition is going to go, but some unexpected extra costs have forced us to reconsider. I am going to move the dogwood next to it...it will push the limits for me, but I cannot possibly move the bigger tree without profesisonal help. And the money is no longer available. I would like to get some shop time to at least put away the lumber I recently aquired and maybe get the final top coats on the natural edge walnut bench for the kitchen...it's time to put it to good use. We'll see what actually gets done... ;)

Al Willits
11-03-2006, 10:33 AM
Temps in the 20's, so no chance of golf, but Sat get to go with Tyler and head for Iowa to pick up 250 or so BF of white oak, and whatever else looks like it should come home with us.
Picking Dave up in Rochester and should be a good time.
Later Sat get to stack all this wood and maybe start making some sawdust, Sunday is garage day also, actually can finally see the floor now, so some progress is being made.

Be well and safe.

Al

Don Dean
11-03-2006, 11:14 AM
After a year of setting up shop, making firewood, building some shop projects, making firewood, building some jigs, making more firewood, I will begin my first furniture project this weekend. Going out today to buy lumber for a country cupboard that my LOML has always wanted. I think I will by 50% more lumber than needed as I am sure I will also be making more firewood.

Matt Meiser
11-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Saturday another creeker is coming over to help me make some ductwork changes. I'm also hoping to finish up a set forks I'm making for the bucket of my tractor and do some woodworking to build a box to hold the dies for a metal bender I bought. I also plan to spend some time riding the (Kawasaki) Mule out back and do some exploring since the fields behind my property have been harvested.

Mark Pruitt
11-03-2006, 1:09 PM
the (unfortuante) removal of a lovely 25' flowering ornimental plum tree next to the current deck
ahh, but think of the bowl blanks!;)

LOML is headed out of town for the weekend, some kind of conference. Just me and the dog at home, and the dog's gonna be unhappy as I'll be spinning bowls downstairs...can't take 'im down with me--he gets into everything, curious little booger he is...

Brad Kimbrell
11-03-2006, 1:31 PM
Well, my boss handed me 4 $350 Trackside Village tickets to the Breeders' Cup races last week before my vacation started :D, so me, the LOML, and another couple are going to the races on Saturday. I was also lucky enough to sell a couple of pens this week to supplement the gambling money.

Sunday will be shop clean-up to get ready for the next project and finishing touches on the 3-head shower plumbing project in the hall bath. One head at 7' for me (I'm 6'-6"), one at 5'5" for LOML (She's 5'-0") and one for the 3 boxers (a hand-held sliding up the pole type shower head).

Off to Sears now for some extra vacuum filters. I've cleaned and washed my last one once too many times. Not enough suction to pick up anything last night...

Fred Voorhees
11-03-2006, 3:41 PM
Well, I should be doing nothing but salmon fishing this weekend, but the darned Oswego River refused to come down to "fishable" levels and the trip was scrapped for this year. Therefore, the tasks planned include hanging Christmas lights on the house before it gets to d*mned cold out, maybe fire up the wood stove for the first time of the season and do some further work on the current shop project, a pirate/treasure chest. Oh yeah, will probably try to blow more leaves around the property.:mad:

Dave Richards
11-03-2006, 3:48 PM
Saturday: Date with Tyler. :D Oh, and Al Willits and his bride for a trip to Iowa for wood.

Sunday: Hoping for a bit of shop time and pacticing my table manners and counting my socks and underwear before leaving for SD.