PDA

View Full Version : laser cutting machine in China

Jenny Yin
11-03-2006, 4:10 AM
laser cutting machine have a vast market in China,it can be used on engraving textile,leather,gift,wood,glass,acryl,etc.

I want to confirm if there are also large market in North America.

Joint venture is a good proposal for us.:o :o

http://www.guoshilaser.com/en/index.asp

Anthony Anderson
11-03-2006, 6:37 AM
Ni Hao, Ni zhu zai zhongguo ma? Wo hen gaoxing renshi ni!
Jenny,
Laser Engravers are growing in popularity in the States. This forum is a great resource, and I am sure that you will get some very good advice. Sears, a department store in the U.S. has recently started to sale a laser engraver. I am not sure of the quality. But if a large company begins to sell a particular tool, then usually that is a sign of a growing market. I will add one other comment, the laser must be of excellent quality, and user friendly. If not, people will learn about poor quality machines very quickly (especially lasers) and the machines will not sell. Good Luck. Regards (Zaijian), Bill

Jim A. Walters
11-03-2006, 7:05 AM
I would be interested in seeing the Sears laser engraver. I have searched their site, and couldn't find one.

Jim

Bruce Volden
11-03-2006, 8:42 AM
I would be interested in seeing the Sears laser engraver. I have searched their site, and couldn't find one.

Jim

What!!?? Sears laser??? I had heard and seen the Sears Compu-Carve (CarveWright) machine. I am way out of touch!

Bruce

Lee DeRaud
11-03-2006, 10:23 AM
What!!?? Sears laser??? I had heard and seen the Sears Compu-Carve (CarveWright) machine. I am way out of touch.What!!?? Sears is selling the CarveWright??? Apparently I'm further out of touch than you are.:p

Joe Pelonio
11-03-2006, 11:00 AM
Anyone else go to that website? It's a little hard to read for some of us.:eek:

I know Sears sells those vibrating hand engravers, and they recently started laser engraving their craftsman sockets for us old guys that wrench on our cars, but are they really selling laser engraver/cutters?

If true, having experienced their more recent stoves, refrigerators, washers and dryers etc. I think I'd have to pass. Not like they used to be.

I'll be installing a new dryer element tomorrow in fact.

Anthony Anderson
11-03-2006, 8:05 PM
Hi Joe, If you go to the top of their web page there is a link for English. Regards, Bill

[quote=Joe Pelonio]Anyone else go to that website? It's a little hard to read for some of us.:eek:

Anthony Anderson
11-03-2006, 8:10 PM
OOOPS! I misspoke. It is not a laser. It is called Craftsman Compucarve System. $1800. Item number 21754. Looks interesting. Is this being manufactured by a reputable company, or another one of Sears "revolutionary" tools? It is in the latest Craftsman Club advertisement. Thanks, Bill

What!!?? Sears is selling the CarveWright??? Apparently I'm further out of touch than you are.:p

Jenny Yin
11-03-2006, 8:40 PM
Is there someone want to cooperate with our company?We need advanced technology urgently.Now we want to enlarge the market,but can not catch up with European company without technology support.Please advise what should we do.:D

guoshilaser@gmail.com
http://www.guoshilaser.com/en/index.asp

Mike Hood
11-03-2006, 9:30 PM
Contact the folks at: www.sears.com

They're always looking for revolutionary technology. :rolleyes:

Rodne Gold
11-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Im going to be direct here , no offense but some of your problem is that the machine you offer is seen by many as "cheap chinese " stuff due to it's basic nature , its cheap price and it's use of outdated or old technology , it is also seen as a machine which has none or very little user support.

The major obstacle that you need to overcome is the perception by most that if they buy a machine like this , it either wont do what you say it will , that there will be "hidden" problems that you arent telling us about , that it will not be user friendly and that whoever buys it risks having a machine that cant be fixed real quickly if it breaks and cant deal with the ppl that supplied it adequately due to language barriers. You also face resistance due to people being "patriotic" , like they want to buy American.

To compete with established systems you need to do a few things
1) Decent software
2) Use servo motors and a closed loop encoder system
3) Use sealed co2 lasers and not glass tubes or if you are using glass tubes DO NOT describe them in english as "home made"
4) Inspire confidence by offering a longer warrantee
5) Set up user support sites or networks.
6) Show excellent samples of engraving etc or provide sample packs to ppl that enquire about your machine.
If you can supply a machine that inspires confidence , even at 1.5x to 2x your current prices , you will KILL the other brands and sweep the markets . But in doing so you will also put those that have bought expensive machines at a disadvantage and will to some extent mess up the exisiting laser engraving market as one of the barriers to entry is currently price
Once the price of machinery drops dramatically , it encourages a lot of folk who dont know what they are doing in terms of running a business to buy em , and thus a lot of people are fighting over the same pie , prices for marking etc drop and laser engraving and processing thus become far less profitable for many. We are all frightened of this.

If I was an established american/euro laser mnfgr I would be running scared , it will NOT take long for the chinese machines to reach pretty much your levels at 1/3rd or 1/2 of your prices and before you know it , you will have been slam dunked.

I think lasers are currently overpriced and I have seen no real movement forward in the last 3 yrs or so. I think its time for the big players to re-evaluate and offer their clients some REAL improvements , stuff like optical recognition systems , higher power for lower money and so forth.

Jenny Yin
11-04-2006, 1:13 AM
Thanks for your advice.

We don't want to survive just with the low price,still need advanced management,and technology.To be honest,my boss is uninspired,but I,one of the employee,solicitous to see the future of my company,so I try my best to find solution.

Thank you very much for your support.:o