PDA

View Full Version : Oversized bronze (maybe brass) plaque

Clyde Baumwell
11-02-2006, 2:51 PM
I have this project for a large plaque and i need ideas and/or sources. The current design is for a wood plaque 33 x 45. Inset into that will be a (reverse engraved) metal plaque 28" x 31" with about 12 words and room for small plates to be adhered. I called around and got prices on a cast bronze plaque to insert -it is beautiful but pretty expensive (understandbly).

Does anyone know about the possibility of rotary engraving or some other method of getting raised bronze letters on a black metal background that won't break the bank?

Thanks

Joe Pelonio
11-02-2006, 4:01 PM
Depending on the letter size, if you are a sign retailer you can but cut brass lettering from Gemini, Inc., install onto the black metal that you can probably find locally. Also, their cast plaque price may be better.

http://www.signletters.com/Products/FCMetal/fcmetal.html

Clyde Baumwell
11-03-2006, 10:16 AM
Joe
That's a good suggestion (don't know how it prices out)-I am not a bonafide sign retailer but will locate one. Thanks

Joe Pelonio
11-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Joe
That's a good suggestion (don't know how it prices out)-I am not a bonafide sign retailer but will locate one. Thanks

The wholesale price to us retail sign people is 40% off. What they require as proof for a new customer is one of these:

Copy of yellow pages ad that mentions signs
Copy of business certificate indicating sign business
Referral from another sign company in your area that can verify taht you sell signs

If you do engraved (RowmarkIPI material) signs then you are a sign retailer.

If you got to a sign shop, unless you know them, they will probably mark it up.