PDA

View Full Version : Portable Oneida Cyclone - Update

Bob Marino
11-02-2006, 9:54 AM
Having recently purchased the portable Oneida Cyclone, because I thought it the best solution for my shop (everything on mobile bases - no telling where the tools will end up) I had a couple of small issues - not performance or quality issues. This machine seems to be very well bulit and the dc is very strong. Did I measure the particle size collected/not collected, or any other type spec? No, I am not sure how to do it, nor inclined to do so even if I knew how to.
My gripes were concerning the ergonomics of the unit. There were no handles and the switch placement was almost in harm's way. Not having handles made this 4 foot wide unit awkward and almost off balance to move - even on smooth floors. I expressed these concerns to Jeff at Oneida a few weeks back.
I am very impressed with Oneida's concern and follow -up:) :) :) .
Here is his reply:

Bob-

Hope all is well and you are enjoying your new system from us. We took yours and others comments to heart and have decided to include handles for the unit now. We made some which are modular and can be installed in various orientations around the cone/housing connection on either end of the machine. We will include two for each system.

We also re-designed the bracket to hold the switch down lower, under the housing so it is out of the way & won’t potentially get hit when moving the unit around.

Please see attached photos of these changed features.

I will be sending you the handles and the new switch bracket so you can upgrade & test these out. Hope you agree that they make a good system even better. Please let me know how it is working out for you and if you need anything.

Jeffrey M. Hill
Oneida Air Systems Inc

Bob Marino
11-02-2006, 9:59 AM
Oooopps, this is why I don't post pics too often:o :eek: ;) :o :eek: :o

Bob

Al Willits
11-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Don't feel bad about no handles, my JDS portable has no handles either and I move mine just enough to eventually make some for it.

Al

Aaron Beaver
11-02-2006, 10:44 AM
That's great news Bob. Definetly like where the switch is now, looks much better out of the way like that.

Chris McKimson
11-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Glad it working out for you. Jeff at Oneida is great. He turned a bad customer service experience into a good customer service experience for me.

Chris