PDA

View Full Version : A new member of the household, Additional

Ken Garlock
11-01-2006, 6:00 PM
On Monday we brought home a pair on kitties. As you recall, we had to put Bob, our 17 year plus abby to sleep.

The youngest is a 10 Week old Abyssinian male that we have named Travis. It took him about 2 days to really adjust the his new home, and now he explores every nook and cranny he can find (when we let him.)

The second kitty is a 7 month old male cross between an Abyssinian and a Bengal we named Austin. He has lived in a cattery all his life and is really skittish now. It may take a couple weeks for him to feel comfortable and friendly. He will let us pet him when we find him.

We keep both of them in the utility room where they have their sand box, food, kitty tree, beds, and toys. We let Travis out to supervised play in the house four or five times a day. We are trying to make friends with Austin, but it will take time.

Here is a picture of Travis. He was all of 2.11 pounds when we brought him home on Monday.

I finally got a decent picture of Austin. He has an Abby brown face and toes, black and silver stripes on his legs and tail, and a black and silver coat that looks like dirty snow. Now if he will just come out and join the family....

Ron Jones near Indy
11-01-2006, 7:48 PM
Seems like you are providing a purrrrrfect home for these guys.:D The best of luck to all of you!

Jim Becker
11-01-2006, 8:04 PM
They sound really cute! And I'm sure you'll enjoy having them around...cats are great. If we didn't have the birds, I'd have a couple of cats for sure!

Chris Barton
11-01-2006, 8:36 PM
Hi Ken,

Glad to hear that there is new joy in your house!:)