PDA

View Full Version : Anti-gloat and new tool buying rules

Charles McKinley
10-24-2003, 9:00 PM
Hi All,

The great deal I got on the last BOSS (display unit) at a box store ended up costing me about $15 more than it would have if I had purchased it somewhere else after I bought all of the missing parts (of course the key one is on back order).

My lathe that I did not put togeather right away when I got it had a broken tail stock and missing face plate (sent no problem from company). You would think after noticing these two thing I would have done a complete inventory of the box. Nope, not that smart. I had the new parts so I start putting the stand togeather, the leg with the switch and cord are missing! (several swear words) Of course customer service closed 30 minutes ago. So I have to call them in the morning and hope they come through again.

New Rules

1. Buy nothing that is open unless you realy know the equipment and are sure all of the pieces are there!

2. Set up the equipment right away!

3. Do not buy something unless you have the money to buy at LEAST the basic accessories needed to use the tool.

I hope someone can learn from my mistakes.

I just feel sick.

Dennis McDonaugh
10-24-2003, 9:19 PM
Charles don't give up on the opened box because you'll miss out on the really good deals. I just bought a BOSS from Lowes for $107, but it wasn't in a box. They had a plastic bag with the manual and the extra parts. I opened the bag and checked the list of supplied parts in the manual to make sure they were all there.

I agree with you, you should set up your new tools right away or at least do an inventory.