PDA

View Full Version : Time Change

Chuck Hanger
11-01-2006, 3:26 AM
The time change sure has both me and my dog messed up. Neither of us can stay awake past 9:30. Both are up at 3AM now. Guess it takes more time when you are older:rolleyes: .
Chuck

Chris Rosenberger
11-01-2006, 8:08 AM
I know what you mean Chuck. Indiana decided to change this year & I was never able to get my internal clock to change. I could not get going in the morning & could not stop at the end of the day. The last three days everything is finally back to normal.

Chuck Hanger
11-01-2006, 8:28 AM
I know what you are talking about in Indiana. Used to have a weekend place there and kept telling the locals that it was changing in 06 but they would not believe me. Everyone of them has their problems now also.
Chuck

Joe Pelonio
11-01-2006, 8:29 AM
We humans have had no trouble, but it messed up the dogs. They are used to dinner right at 6pm. About 5 minutes to 6 they will come from wherever they are and sit in front of whoever's close by and stare until they get fed. Sunday and Momday evenings they did it at 5. Last night
they were back on track.

Dennis Peacock
11-01-2006, 8:41 AM
The time changes messes with my 4 kids pretty bad, but the wife and I have usually dealt with it fairly well. Now it's just "dark" when I get off work. :(

Art Mulder
11-01-2006, 9:06 AM
The time changes messes with my 4 kids pretty bad, but the wife and I have usually dealt with it fairly well. Now it's just "dark" when I get off work. :(

Yup, it usually messes with our family also -- takes a week to adjust. But the Spring (spring forward) is worse than the Fall back.

...art

Jim Becker
11-01-2006, 9:50 AM
I do enough travel that it really doesn't affect me...but our birds don't like it one bit, especially Spike who "requests" night-night an hour earlier now...

Nancy Laird
11-01-2006, 10:39 AM
We humans have had no trouble, but it messed up the dogs. They are used to dinner right at 6pm. About 5 minutes to 6 they will come from wherever they are and sit in front of whoever's close by and stare until they get fed. Sunday and Momday evenings they did it at 5. Last night
they were back on track.

I used to have a cat the same way--breakfast exactly at 6:00 a.m. and dinner at 6:00 p.m. Time changes threw her off (and our sleep as well). Having a cat pawing at one at 5:00 a.m. isn't the nicest way to wake up. The bad nights were when we had plans for after work and didn't get home in time to feed dinner at 6:00 p.m. Every time it happened we got a double ration of @#$%! from her, which went on and on and on until dinner was served.

Mark Pruitt
11-01-2006, 12:14 PM
I used to have a cat the same way--breakfast exactly at 6:00 a.m. and dinner at 6:00 p.m. Time changes threw her off (and our sleep as well). Having a cat pawing at one at 5:00 a.m. isn't the nicest way to wake up. The bad nights were when we had plans for after work and didn't get home in time to feed dinner at 6:00 p.m. Every time it happened we got a double ration of @#$%! from her, which went on and on and on until dinner was served.
I know I wouldn't mess with that cat in your avatar...:eek: