PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkin pictures

Jim O'Dell
10-31-2006, 2:16 PM
I saw the one Jim Becker's kids did, and thought I'd share. I didn't do these. A friend, Lee Gregory, did them. He and his wife have adopted Irish Setters from us and also fosters Irish that needs new homes, and is fostering an English Setter right now. This is the ES foster. Now I could probably do the bone on the right, but the dogs he does are really something. The Irish ususally have more detail in that its just the highlights that are cut out. I can't find any pictures of them from the past years
Let's see some of the pumpkins you or yours have carved! Jim

Mark Rios
10-31-2006, 2:19 PM
That's great. Were those done with a laser?

I'm waiting for the laser folks to start posting their pumpkins. Should be interesting. :D

Jim O'Dell
10-31-2006, 2:26 PM
No, Lee uses a pumpking carving knife kit from one of the hobby/craft stores IIRC. In fact, on the dog picture, you can see where he drew the lines before cutting. It's below the neck. H shortened the cut some. Jim.

Robert Mickley
10-31-2006, 5:56 PM
Thats cool, oh though it took a couple looks for my brain to click and "see" the dog

Dennis Peacock
10-31-2006, 6:01 PM
Pretty nice carving there. Excellent idea.

Joe Pelonio
10-31-2006, 7:16 PM
That's great. Were those done with a laser?

I'm waiting for the laser folks to start posting their pumpkins. Should be interesting. :D
I told my wife I'd be doing that next year when I've moved the laser to the house. Didn't want to have complaints from the business park neighbors about the smell. My kids are too old for carving now, in fact both will be at work tonight until after 9pm.

Keith Starosta
11-01-2006, 9:26 AM
I didn't do this with a laser, but it was fun nonetheless.

Gotta support my Boys, poor showing or not!!! ;) :D

- Keith