PDA

View Full Version : Need Delta 8" Jointer Fence!

bretgreen
10-24-2003, 3:22 PM
Hello everyone,
I just purchased a 1965 Delta Rockwell 8" jointer (model 37-315) that needs the main fence casting. The original was broke in transit and Delta does make the item any more. The part that I am looking for is the part that the workpiece actually rests against while it is passing over the main tables. I have attached 2 photos from other machines so that you can see exactly which part I need. Anyone out there that can help please email me at bretgreen@cox.net.
Bret

Jim DeLaney
10-24-2003, 3:28 PM
I'm surprised that Delta doesn't have the part available. Generally, they're great about supporting their older machines. They still have parts for 1937 Unisaws!

Anyway, since they don't, you might try contacting Redmond & Sons in Atlanta. I don't have a number or a url, but a Google search will probably get you there. They have a huge inventory of old machinery and parts, and reasonable prices, too.

Good luck!

Rob Russell
10-24-2003, 3:46 PM
If the casting broke in transit, take it to a local machine/welding shop and see if they can repair it. The repairs a good welder can do will surprise you.

Good luck - Rob

Steve Clardy
10-24-2003, 3:58 PM
If the casting broke in transit, take it to a local machine/welding shop and see if they can repair it. The repairs a good welder can do will surprise you.

Good luck - Rob

I suggest the same thing as you have Rob. Much faster and probably cheaper than trying to get a new or used one, though I would do a quick check as Jim suggested also. Good luck, Steve