PDA

View Full Version : Router table mortising - my latest video

John Nixon
10-31-2006, 7:45 AM
Many of you may be familiar with my foot-activated motorized router lift.

Since my original video on loose tenon joinery that showed using the motorized lift to make matching mortises, I have made some significant improvements to the modified tenon jig.

Check out my latest video that showcases how easy it is to do repeatable mortises using the new stop blocks.

Grab the popcorn, it's a long one...I demonstrate the mortising technique to make 32 mortises during the construction of a tool stand.

Your feedback is welcome and appreciated!

The video can be accessed through the videos section of my website -
www.eagleLakeWoodworking.com (http://www.eagleLakeWoodworking.com)

or at Google Video -
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2043920497290542452

Regards,
John Nixon
www.EagleLakeWoodworking.com

Chris Jenkins
10-31-2006, 8:38 AM
John,

I can't stream media from where I am at, any way we can download this file seperatly? I would like to see your video. Thanks

Eric Gagnon
10-31-2006, 8:38 AM
Nice job on the video, John! Taking the effort to produce these is a great way to share your knowledge and should help you build your woodworking business.

John Nixon
10-31-2006, 8:56 AM
John,

I can't stream media from where I am at, any way we can download this file seperatly? I would like to see your video. Thanks

Hi Chris, there's a download button on the right site of the Google page. Give that a shot. The video on my site is actually the Google video player embedded. If you use the Google link, you'll see the download option.

John

John Renzetti
10-31-2006, 9:19 AM
hi John, Nice job on the router lift. I thought this looked familiar and then I saw the article that was in Woodshop News.
take care,
John

Bryan Somers
10-31-2006, 12:57 PM
Dont have time to watch right now but did view the first few munites. Looks interesting I bookmarked it to watch later. Thanks for posting.

John Nixon
10-31-2006, 1:05 PM
I'm glad you read that article in WoodShop News. I was happy they allowed me a chance to write it. I'm working on another article (similar topic, with a bit different focus) for a different WW mag. I'll be sure to announce it after it's been solidified.

John

Dave Ray
10-31-2006, 5:51 PM
Nice video John. Pretty soon you will have your own star in Hollywood, LOL Seriously John video like yours will help and encourage a lot of woodworkers.

John Nixon
10-31-2006, 7:44 PM
Nice video John. Pretty soon you will have your own star in Hollywood, LOL Seriously John video like yours will help and encourage a lot of woodworkers.

Thanks Dave. I'm glad you liked it. I made the video video because I really believe that the setup changed the way I approach the router table, and I wanted to share it with others. It would be great to have a television career in woodworking, but somehow I don't think that'll happen...lol. I'll just keep plugg'n away and make a video about what I'm doing every now and again. Thanks for checking it out.

John Nixon
11-01-2006, 7:41 AM
Nice job on the video, John! Taking the effort to produce these is a great way to share your knowledge and should help you build your woodworking business.

Thanks Eric. The exposure has been great, although most of it's been from the technical side (other woodworkers). Now if I can find the time to build my wife the rest of the bedroom set I've been promising for years now.:cool: