PDA

View Full Version : Silverware Tray

Howard Rosenberg
10-24-2003, 12:33 PM
Hi all - I just made a silverware try for some cabinets I built earlier this year and thought I'd post some photos.

The first photo shows the whole project. Very simple construction: butt joints and glue.

The tray's bottom is 1/4" tempered hardboard; the perimeter is 1/2" MDF; the divider 3/4" MDF. All edges recieved a 3/16" roundover bit.

I drilled out the front of the tray to allow it to clear the drawer knobs' screws and sit flush.

I used the flocking kit from Lee Valley - worked like a champ - but - take their advice and do your project inside a box. This stuff is LIGHT and flies everywhere!

The divider has 48 kerfs on 12.5mm centres .210" wide - each kerf represents 3-5 passes over the TS blade. Talk about slow going...

The next two photos show the tray loaded and in the drawer. I originally wanted to French fit the silverware, but thank heavens there wasn't enough room in the drawer... this was repetitive enough for my tastes!

Thanks for looking. Howard

Jim Becker
10-24-2003, 1:36 PM
Hmm...now you have me thinking! Nice job on this project...and it's something that I'm sure many of us can use. Thanks for sharing!

Jim Baker
10-25-2003, 7:06 AM
Very nice silverware drawer, Howard. I hope LOML doesn't see the picture or there will be another project added to the top of my to do list. It's long enough already.