PDA

View Full Version : New PC 14" belt sander - anyone got?

Mitchell Andrus
10-30-2006, 9:05 AM
...as seen at the back of FWW this month. Cool 2.25" x 14" palm sixed belt sander. Any body get one yet?

Mitch

Tony Falotico
10-30-2006, 9:37 AM
Seen in the mags, not seen one in person yet --- BUT -- seems like a lot of aggressive power in a very small unit, I can just see the gouges and dips it can easily create (I'm not a big belt sander fan). They show a pic of edge sanding, but again, seems like a belt sander is to aggressive for fine work........

Am I missing something here ??

Mitchell Andrus
10-30-2006, 10:27 AM
Agressive, my thoughts too. Out of the question for finish work, but for scribing cabinets, rough leveling of butt joints, etc.....

Small enough to haul out to a job site in a tool box.

Mitch

Mike Goetzke
10-30-2006, 10:34 AM
I saw one in Rockler this weekend. Looks neat due to it's design and small size. It is pretty heavy. The grip really only has room for one hand (unlike larger belt sanders). Unless you are very muscular I think it would be a little hard to control.

Mike

John Callahan
10-31-2006, 9:06 AM
Got to try one a couple of weekends ago ...... liked it. One or two handed control, there's an easily removable front handle. Ditto to what Mitch said. "for scribing cabinets, rough leveling of butt joints, etc".