PDA

View Full Version : Delta 46-756 questions?

Bill Boehme
10-30-2006, 2:22 AM
Does anyone have the Delta 46-756 or 456-755X lathe. I think that they are essentially the same -- 2 HP motor, VFD, 16" swing, 42" between centers. If I could get one in new condition for about half price what would be the recommendation -- get it or forget it? Does it have decent torque? Do the centers line up? Is there any headstock or tailstock creep? Do you think the controls are cheesy? Do the control and open motor such in much dust?

Bill

Tony Kent
10-30-2006, 4:23 AM
Hello
I have the 110v 1.5hp version that is now discontinued because they have stayed with the 2hp 220v 3phase model. All that being said I have to say I have no complaints at all with the one I have. If you can get one that is half off go for it. of course if you can get a look at it and check it out that would be even better. I really like mine the only thing I would like better would be able to move the control unit, but heck I got mine used and at 50 percent off so I can't really complain. I have never stalled out the 1.5 baldor and seems to have plenty of torgue I would imagine that the 2hp 220 runs even better.
Hope this helps,
Tony

Keith Burns
10-30-2006, 9:06 AM
Bill, I've had my 756 for about 6 months and have not had any problems. Would "I" recommend it ? Yes I would. I filled the legs with sand and metal shot and have the weight up to at least 600# I got mine on clearance for $1000 delivered.